• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scarlett 18i6 and Octopre: Windows 10 Issue
Hi all,

New to this jamkazam. 

Trying to create 8 drum tracks and a stereo Monitor 1 and 2 out.  Jamkazam app says it's all there.

Followed the instructions to the letter, I think.  My Pro Tools in my system works great.  My issue is that I am trying to create 8 separate tracks of drums and the jamkazam app does not recognize any tracks I create, or anything instrument, mic, etc. for that matter.    Can't get any further. Did it a few times with no results.  I am not running any other App when using jamjazam.  Anyone out there have the same configuration as I do and got over this issue, or did it just work?
I don't have that exact hardware, so my results might be different from yours. However, I can tell you that 8 tracks in and 2 tracks out (monitor) is achievable.

I have a MOTU 828es and I currently use 4 inputs, but I have the ability to assign up to 20. As far as monitor tracks are concerned, everyone gets 2 no matter what hardware they might use.

So my question is: in your opening sentence you write "...Jamkazam app says it's all there." later you write "...My issue is that I am trying to create 8 separate tracks of drums and the jamkazam app does not recognize any tracks I create, or anything instrument, mic, etc. for that matter...."

which is it?
[quote='Zlartibartfast' pid='7656' dateline='1612393834']
I don't have that exact hardware, so my results might be different from yours. However, I can tell you that 8 tracks in and 2 tracks out (monitor) is achievable.

I have a MOTU 828es and I currently use 4 inputs, but I have the ability to assign up to 20. As far as monitor tracks are concerned, everyone gets 2 no matter what hardware they might use.

So my question is: in your opening sentence you write "...Jamkazam app says it's all there."  later you write "...My issue is that I am trying to create 8 separate tracks of drums and the jamkazam app does not recognize any tracks I create, or anything instrument, mic, etc. for that matter...."

which is it?

To be clear. When I play into Jamkazam it does not respond even though it seems I have set it up correctly. I can see the 8 tracks of drums, but they sit there dormant. When I hit the record button, it does not record.
When you are in the setup phase, where you create your audio profile, do you hear your inputs in your monitors/headphones? Or is that where you are hitting a wall?
That’s where I am hitting the wall, at the set up phase. 

Also, when I tried again yesterday and got no where. I needed to get back to Pro Tools to work. I lost my sound engine in Pro Tools, even though I exited the Jamkazam app. More frustration. I had to reboot everything, including the Scarlett to get Pro Tools to work again. I think my audio stopped working all together. I tried watching a You Tube video and that did not work either until I did the reboot.

There are definitely conflicts going on.
yes, it sounds as though you're right.

FWIW I have also had problems attempting to use Jamkazam concurrently other audio programs, such as Sound Forge, Logic, and some (not all) AU instruments. Sometimes it would be OK but it would also hang, loose audio, or crash altogether. I decided to change my approach and separate my tasks using other computers, so that when I'm in JK, it is the only app running that uses audio. I gave up in using MIDI within JK, so as a result, I'm able to run Logic when I use MIDI tracks and an alternate interface. Logic is the only app I have that can do this.

And I've noticed, on more than one occasion, that the JK client app was running even after I had hit command+Q.

Since there is a new JK client release out now, you might consider deleting your current JK installation, create a new user (administrator) on your computer, then reboot. Log into your new user account then try installing the new JK client. Don't run ProTools or such, just go straight to JamKazam and see if you can complete the audio profile setup.

Just a thought
I’m
(02-04-2021, 05:14 PM)Zlartibartfast Wrote: yes, it sounds as though you're right.

FWIW I have also had problems attempting to use Jamkazam concurrently other audio programs, such as Sound Forge, Logic, and some (not all) AU instruments. Sometimes it would be OK but it would also hang, loose audio, or crash altogether. I decided to change my approach and separate my tasks using other computers, so that when I'm in JK, it is the only app running that uses audio. I gave up in using MIDI within JK, so as a result, I'm able to run Logic when I use MIDI tracks and an alternate interface. Logic is the only app I have that can do this.

And I've noticed, on more than one occasion, that the JK client app was running even after I had hit command+Q.

Since there is a new JK client release out now, you might consider deleting your current JK installation, create a new user (administrator) on your computer, then reboot. Log into your new user account then try installing the new JK client. Don't run ProTools or such, just go straight to JamKazam and see if you can complete the audio profile setup.

Just a thought

Thank you so much for your time and effort. I may try Jamkazam and your suggestion at another time. No doubt these apps jockey for position. I am going to try an app called Sound Jack and see if there are the same conflicts, especially when I have closed all apps to run an app like JK. I figured that from the start. If I have the same problems, I will not continue on this path. I designed my own i7 computer just for audio recording and video editing. Any time I had any issues with other software out of my workflow, bye, bye! I have been recording virtually for 4 years now sending tracks back and forth with no issues, getting solid mixes. But since COVID, like all of us, want to play and record with others in the same room. Jamkazam seemed like the next best thing. This too shall pass and we will play again. Feel free to keep in touch if you like. My email is contact@huntingtonbaystudios.com. Be safe and healthy my virtual musical friend. Again thank youSmile John