• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jitter & Jitter Queue issues
My bandmate and I have set up numerous sessions together and we are unable to get our latency to an acceptable level. We are both using scarlett 2i2 2nd gen, ASIO drivers, ,we are NOT using wifi, and we have used all the recommended settings for our respective interfaces as per the JK audio gear setup. We also have fibre internet packages so quality of internet hardwired service is not the issue. frequently the jitter and jitter queue are very high and in the red during our attempted sessions. Everything else shows in the green. Can someone please assist??
It doesn't matter if you get an occasional "red light" as long as it sounds good. I have a regular jam partner, using the same interface as you, and a Windows 10 Surface. During sessions I often see we are BOTH fla$ng red but in my ears it's fine.

Jitter is essentially your computer + interface slipping out of sync. One thing that can contribute to this issue is too much load on your I/O. If you have your Focusrite connected to a hub with other devices (a common scenario), you will increase jitter.

Even when you have a dedicated bus between your computer and your interface, as I do, you can introduce jitter by simply moving your mouse and dragging a window across the screen.

I went from .0 ms to .7 ms jitter just by minimizing a finder window, but it settled back down to .1 after a couple of seconds.
(01-28-2021, 04:17 AM)bowersox13 Wrote: My bandmate and I have set up numerous sessions together and we are unable to get our latency to an acceptable level. We are both using scarlett 2i2 2nd gen, ASIO drivers, ,we are NOT using wifi, and we have used all the recommended settings for our respective interfaces as per the JK audio gear setup. We also have fibre internet packages so quality of internet hardwired service is not the issue. frequently the jitter and jitter queue are very high and in the red during our attempted sessions. Everything else shows in the green. Can someone please assist??
There's more at play than quality of your internet packages. What's the hardware latency on each of your interfaces? Are your local home routers being used for online gaming or video streaming while you are in a session? Focusrite interfaces don't seem to have good latency values compared to others in the same price range.