• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues with Audio Files
I use audio files as my drum and bass tracks.  I would use these files in sessions with others. In the past there was no issues. For at least the last month or so these audio files have been poor on the others end. Choppy at times, garbled at others, a real mixture of digital noise. Rendering it almost impossible to play, especially the others in session. Recording these sessions has become a painful wasted effort. It was working so well from August to early December. 

There are many variables at play here, I understand. 

Hard wired internet, High Performance Power Plan 

I use Windows with a Saffire Pro40, latency @ 3.6 Sample Rate 48Khz, outgoing bitrate 128 Kbit/s, framesize 2ms

Other uses Windows with a Scarlett 18i20, latency @ 8.0 Sample Rate 48Khz, outgoing bitrate 128 Kbit/s. framesize 2 ms

Am I missing something here. Why does it sound like crap today. Any insight would be much appreciated.
I would not expect good results from 128 Kb/sec bit rate. That's the old MP3 standard - from the Intel 486 days. Can you each achieve 256 Kb/sec?
less compression = better fidelity
(01-24-2021, 06:32 PM)Zlartibartfast Wrote: I would not expect good results from 128 Kb/sec bit rate. That's the old MP3 standard - from the Intel 486 days. Can you each achieve 256 Kb/sec?
less compression = better fidelity
 thanx. i can do that.
Personally I doubt the bit rate is the issue based on the complaint. I've been using OGG drum tracks like this that work fine. We have our problems but they aren't due to these files. Our main complaint is adjusting the backing track volume so everybody is happy with it. Theoretically this can be done individually but results are sporadic and unpredictable. What format and byte size files are you using?

Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 160 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Using Line 6 Helix or Roland Session Mixer as audio interface
(01-25-2021, 10:12 PM)carvinae185@gmail.com Wrote: Personally I doubt the bit rate is the issue based on the complaint.  I've been using OGG drum tracks like this that work fine.  We have our problems but they aren't due to these files.  Our main complaint is adjusting the backing track volume so everybody is happy with it.  Theoretically this can be done individually but results are sporadic and unpredictable.  What format and byte size files are you using?

Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Bit rate                                : 160 kb/s
Channel(s)                              : 2 channels
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 kHz
All files are WAV format. size varies from 13MB to 300MB depending on track. 

OGG files. Never thought of that. Smaller files = less demand on app?
(01-26-2021, 10:30 PM)Bogle_JC Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 10:12 PM)carvinae185@gmail.com Wrote: Personally I doubt the bit rate is the issue based on the complaint.  I've been using OGG drum tracks like this that work fine.  We have our problems but they aren't due to these files.  Our main complaint is adjusting the backing track volume so everybody is happy with it.  Theoretically this can be done individually but results are sporadic and unpredictable.  What format and byte size files are you using?

Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Bit rate                                : 160 kb/s
Channel(s)                              : 2 channels
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 kHz
All files are WAV format. size varies from 13MB to 300MB depending on track. 

OGG files. Never thought of that. Smaller files = less demand on app?

Can't hurt to try.  Yes, WAV are hug and have more quality than anybody could detect in a live jam session.
Using Line 6 Helix or Roland Session Mixer as audio interface