• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focusrite Carett 8Pre USB
Hi,

I'm using a Focusrite Clarett 8Pre USB on Windows 10. I keep receiving a message from the JamKazam application that my latency is poor at 7.2ms. If I change the buffer size in the Focusrite software to a smaller size JamKazam keeps resetting it to a higher size.  Does anyone know if this an issue with JamKazam or a problem with my interface please?
It is the same behaviour with my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd on Win10, framesize 2. I change the buffer size, and once JK has resynced, it is reset to the previous value (in my case 96). I tried a few things, but nothing worked. Latency is acceptable (7.75), though, but I also would like to see what happens with a buffer size of 16 ...
>>>
You all using the proper, dedicated FR ASIO driver?
(01-11-2021, 05:20 PM)JnyBG Wrote: It is the same behaviour with my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd on Win10, framesize 2. I change the buffer size, and once JK has resynced, it is reset to the previous value (in my case 96). I tried a few things, but nothing worked. Latency is acceptable (7.75), though, but I also would like to see what happens with a buffer size of 16 ...
I personally believe this is a limitation of the Focusrite driver and possibly the hardware. Other interfaces such as those from Behringer and MOTU can achieve much lower latency (3-4 msecs) at least under Windows.