• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you run a quick test, turn on local monitoring?
It seems even though you have multiple postings about sound, input, mixing, and now this one; suggests some ongoing struggle to get things working? I had mentioned in another post you started, about my own setup and that I use a MOTU Interface. Now, for what you are asking in this post.

This is a good question! My MOTU also does not have a Direct Monitoring knob or button, as we have seen in videos or other interfaces. So, how do we know if what we are hearing from the Audio Interface Jack is via direct monitoring, or the signal is only coming through the JK app back to the interface? We want to be assured it's the latter to confirm, sound is going in, and coming out of JK, only!

If your audio interface comes with a GUI software app to allow you to control your interface settings; track/channel/input volume, pan settings, etc. MUTE, all the channel strips. This is equivalent to turning off direct monitoring. At this point, any audio passed to the headphone out, form the interface is Muted, but it will still route the signal coming from JK. This is because at this stage it's handled only by the audio device driver for your interface, which is same one you selected when setting up your audio device settings in JK.

Do keep in mind, if you use your interface for other apps like DAWs, you may need to re enable the muted tracks. But for JK purposes, you want them muted.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can you run a quick test, turn on local monitoring? - by GDJ - 01-09-2021, 09:59 PM