• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headphones Output - Scarlett 2i2
Hi!
is there a way I can use the Headphones Output instead of the two Output ports on the back of the Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen?
The only way I can hear sound out of the headphones output is by activating direct monitoring, which is actually not advised.
Thanks!

Giacomo
(01-09-2021, 12:41 AM)g.dodich Wrote: Hi!
is there a way I can use the Headphones Output instead of the two Output ports on the back of the Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen?
The only way I can hear sound out of the headphones output is by activating direct monitoring, which is actually not advised.
Thanks!

Giacomo

>>>
Yes you should. Did you try this in a session?
Setting up a session 'closes the loop'. The only way you'll hear your own signal (when local-/direct- mon = OFF) is when you're in a session.
Thanks Dimitri.
Yes I tried many times in a session, everything works fine except no signal is coming out from the headphone output (if I plug the headphones in one of the rear speaker output I can hear the signal, but the sound is of course not good, since they are meant for speakers)
While setting up my gear, should I be able to see the Headphone Output listed as Output option? I can only choose between Output 1 and Output 2, maybe that's the problem?
(01-09-2021, 08:28 AM)g.dodich Wrote: Thanks Dimitri.
Yes I tried many times in a session, everything works fine except no signal is coming out from the headphone output (if I plug the headphones in one of the rear speaker output I can hear the signal, but the sound is of course not good, since they are meant for speakers)
While setting up my gear, should I be able to see the Headphone Output listed as Output option? I can only choose between Output 1 and Output 2, maybe that's the problem?

>>>
Nope you'll not see a 'phones out' during setup. What you describe is correct.

During setup in JKz, can you hear the test tone via the headphones output? (of course without local/direct mon)

Did you possibly mute/disable or route the headphones output elsewhere in Focusrite Control?
Hi!
Sorry for the late reply. I eventually found out the headphones cable was the problem: I was using a stereo + mic jack cable to connect the headphones to the audio interface and that somehow blocked the audio signal (in jamkazam only, all the other daws work fine with that same cable). Quick and dirty workaround for those that have somehow the same problem: partially unplug the jack cable from the audio interface. That helped till I got the right cable.