• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update blocked by Windows 10
Here's details on what I run into with trying to update-

Open jamkazam windows app -> starts to auto-update -> Bitdefender antivirus blocks app update -> app directs me to download directly from the jamkazam website

Download installation package from site -> windows defender warning, run anyway -> windows error message: not a valid installation package

I sent jamkazam an email to their support already and they told me- 

"We haven't had any other reports of antivirus blocking or a bad installation package. We'll take a quick look at this, but it sounds specific to something on your individual system, or we would have heard about it from others."

A few days later there was another update and no issues with the installation of that one. I just have a standard windows 10 installation, nothing special.

Installation versions in question:
JamKazam-1.0.3931 was the problem install
JamKazam-1.0.3934 had no problems

Then again today same errors and problems with version JamKazam-1.0.3950

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(01-06-2021, 11:29 PM)esellwood Wrote: Here's details on what I run into with trying to update-

Open jamkazam windows app -> starts to auto-update -> Bitdefender antivirus blocks app update -> app directs me to download directly from the jamkazam website

Download installation package from site -> windows defender warning, run anyway -> windows error message: not a valid installation package

"We haven't had any other reports of antivirus blocking or a bad installation package. We'll take a quick look at this, but it sounds specific to something on your individual system, or we would have heard about it from others."

A few days later there was another update and no issues with the installation of that one. I just have a standard windows 10 installation, nothing special.

I had the same problem. The solution was "easy":

I found out, that the file I have downloaded had a size of only 12kb This is much to smal for an updatefile.
This was, because my virus-software blocked the download. Bitdefender replaced the content of the file.

My solution was to disable the "check websites for male-ware" in Bitdefender
(do not forget to switch it on again after download / install !)

cu
I'm having issues after the latest update as well. Jamkazam would not start properly on Sunday after the update. I uninstalled and reloaded it several times. Finally got it to work on Sunday. 

Went to use it again on Tuesday and it wouldn't start up properly. Tried uninstalling and reloading several times. Could not make it run at all. I am able to install and load other downloads. The problem appears to be with the latest Jamkazam update. I had no problems before this and no other problems with anything else on my computer before or after the Jamkazam update. Its something with Jamkazam.

Come on guys, get it fixed. It worked fine before I paid for the subscription, now its not working at all. After you get this fixed I do expect some compensation. You messed up 2 practices for me now.

Way San
Win 10 Home
8 GB Ram
i7 2600 3.4 GHz
Figured it out. My firewall notifications were turned off so did not know the program was being blocked. I turned the notifications setting back on and it showed when I tried to start Jamkazam. Clicked on the notification window to get to the firewall settings. Made the required change to allow Jamkazam through the firewall and now it works again.

Not sure why I never saw this before with Jamkazam.
(01-08-2021, 08:25 AM)Way San Wrote: Figured it out. My firewall notifications were turned off so did not know the program was being blocked. I turned the notifications setting back on and it showed when I tried to start Jamkazam. Clicked on the notification window to get to the firewall settings. Made the required change to allow Jamkazam through the firewall and now it works again.

Not sure why I never saw this before with Jamkazam.

>>>
Reading your earlier post and taking in the tone and now reading 'your solution', a - 'sorry, my bad!' - would have been appropriate.
Hi all,

We've gotten enough reports of this that we decided to contact BitDefender. Apparently, they have a page where anyone can submit that a link is a false positive:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/sup...wer/40673/

I'm contacting them to also double-check that future releases won't get 'dinged'.
(01-08-2021, 04:11 AM)jpw23 Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 11:29 PM)esellwood Wrote: Here's details on what I run into with trying to update-

I had the same problem. The solution was "easy":

I found out, that the file I have downloaded had a size of only 12kb This is much to smal for an updatefile.
This was, because my virus-software blocked the download. Bitdefender replaced the content of the file.

My solution was to disable the "check websites for male-ware" in Bitdefender
(do not forget to switch it on again after download / install !)

cu
I'm curious. Why did you feel the need to install a third party antivirus package in Windows? Microsoft has a perfectly good one built in and it's free.