• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only half of my audio
Wondering if anyone else might have or had this issue. Recently purchased a new AI ( M-Audio 192-4 ) and it really improved my latency and really just the whole experience is so much better than what I was using ( Line 6 Pod 500 ). 
Trouble now is I'm only able to broadcast my vocals, my bass is silent. I have a good signal to the AI ( VU bars are confirming that ) but nothing showing on the bars on JK from the bass, only my voice. I can hear my vocals and bass perfectly thru the headphones, but the person I'm playing with can't hear my bass, just my vocals.
I've tried everything I can think of in the way of adjustment on the AI and in JK, but no sound from the bass. If I plug the bass into the mic socket on the AI, then the bass can be heard loud and clear by my friend, but of course, no mic.
It seemed that maybe there is problem with the AI, so replaced it with 2 brand new ones, one the same brand ( M-Audio ) and a different brand ( Pre Sonos, comparable to the 192-4). The same thing occurs on all of them.
Using a MacBook pro running Big Sur. I've been on JK now since April successfully. I should note that I went back to the Line 6 Pod 500 just to see if it still worked, and it did, giving me both vocals and bass. 
Any suggestions will be most appreciated.
Thank you,
Dave
Did you remember to create the second track in JK for your bass? You should have 2 mono input tracks in JK.
(01-06-2021, 11:59 PM)mabalot Wrote: Did you remember to create the second track in JK for your bass? You should have 2 mono input tracks in JK.
Thanks for your reply. Rolleyes
I went back to the setup and configure tracks window in JK. There are 2 input tracks as you say, the first one has my AI listed with the word LEFT. Clicking on the 2nd one brings up a dropdown box that allows you to enter the LEFT side of the AI again, or the RIGHT side, or leave it blank and that's all. I have tried entering both left and right, as well as leaving the 2nd one blank, as it explains that if you leave that box blank, the app will automatically create a stereo track. Same results in every configuration.
As far as I can see, these are my only options regarding the input tracks. The " bass guitar " is selected under instrument.
I do know that my old AI worked perfectly this way. 
Again, thanks for your input.
(01-07-2021, 03:36 AM)Dave Musso Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 11:59 PM)mabalot Wrote: Did you remember to create the second track in JK for your bass? You should have 2 mono input tracks in JK.
I went back to the setup and configure tracks window in JK. There are 2 input tracks as you say, the first one has my AI listed with the word LEFT. Clicking on the 2nd one brings up a dropdown box that allows you to enter the LEFT side of the AI again, or the RIGHT side, or leave it blank and that's all. I have tried entering both left and right, as well as leaving the 2nd one blank, as it explains that if you leave that box blank, the app will automatically create a stereo track. Same results in every configuration.
As far as I can see, these are my only options regarding the input tracks. The " bass guitar " is selected under instrument.
When you create your SECOND input channel inside JK you must Select Input 2 (where your Bass is). To summarize: the first channel should only have your mic and the second channel should only have your Bass.
(01-07-2021, 06:31 PM)StuartR Wrote:
When you create your SECOND input channel inside JK you must Select Input 2 (where your Bass is). To summarize: the first channel should only have your mic and the second channel should only have your Bass.
Thank you very  much! I now see how that works. If I had gone to the instruction window that explains all of that, I would have seen right away how to set it up. Feeling pretty stupid right now. Again, thanks for your help with this!
(01-07-2021, 06:39 PM)Dave Musso Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 06:31 PM)StuartR Wrote:
Thank you very  much! I now see how that works. If I had gone to the instruction window that explains all of that, I would have seen right away how to set it up. Feeling pretty stupid right now. Again, thanks for your help with this!
Glad to help. We've had problems with this ourselves and for some reason the solution wasn't obvious to us at first either!