• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JK Crashes after session starts
I have been using JK for years.  Most recently, I have been using it at least once a week without having many issues.  Tonight, when I start up a private session or join one, it works for about a minute and then crashes.  Is anyone else having this issue tonight?  The only change that I made to computer was to install a new video card.  I don't see how that would do anything.
No problems here. Did you install any software with that new video card? If so, that's where I'd start looking (especially on a Windows machine). You could try deleting / re-adding your audio profile , and if that doesn't work, try uninstalling & reinstalling Jamkazam.
(12-28-2020, 01:11 AM)diecidue Wrote: I have been using JK for years.  Most recently, I have been using it at least once a week without having many issues.  Tonight, when I start up a private session or join one, it works for about a minute and then crashes.  Is anyone else having this issue tonight?  The only change that I made to computer was to install a new video card.  I don't see how that would do anything.
No problems here. There's another client update available. Did you get prompted to install it during the client startup?
(12-28-2020, 06:47 PM)Terles Wrote: No problems here.  Did you install any software with that new video card?  If so, that's where I'd start looking (especially on a Windows machine).  You could try deleting / re-adding your audio profile , and if that doesn't work, try uninstalling & reinstalling Jamkazam.
I figured it out.  Jamkazam has an issue with HiDPI.  O have a new 4k monitor.  When I select that as my main monitor it crashes.  I tried reinstalling JK and my video drivers, but nothing worked unless I select a different monitor as my main monitor.  JK should take a look at that.

I have been using JK for years.  Most recently, I have been using it at least once a week without having many issues.  Tonight, when I start up a private session or join one, it works for about a minute and then crashes.  Is anyone else having this issue tonight?  The only change that I made to computer was to install a new video card.  I don't see how that would do anything.
(12-28-2020, 10:22 PM)diecidue Wrote:
(12-28-2020, 06:47 PM)Terles Wrote: No problems here.  Did you install any software with that new video card?  If so, that's where I'd start looking (especially on a Windows machine).  You could try deleting / re-adding your audio profile , and if that doesn't work, try uninstalling & reinstalling Jamkazam.
I figured it out.  Jamkazam has an issue with HiDPI.  O have a new 4k monitor.  When I select that as my main monitor it crashes.  I tried reinstalling JK and my video drivers, but nothing worked unless I select a different monitor as my main monitor.  JK should take a look at that.

If you haven't already, please let JK know at: support@Jamkazam.com