• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JK keeps resetting Presonus buffer size to 16
ASIO4ALL is a windows program that provides an ASIO wrapper around a WDM driver.

PreSonus already has an ASIO driver optimized for latency.

The issue is that JK issues some type of "reset" or "initialize" call to the audio device when entering a session and that causes the buufer to be set to 16 regardless of what it had been set to before. When in a session I can bring up the "ASIO Control Panel" which invokes the proper GUI, change it back to a higher number - then JK recognizes this and issues a "initializing audio device" and the buffer size is reset once again to 16 right before my eyes.

Don't know if the problem is PreSonus driver not responding to the reset request properly or if JK is not calling it properly or if JK should be calling it at all. Bottom line is that a number of PreSonus owners (search the forums) are having this problem with JK.

Please don't cloud the issue and respond "buffer size of 16 should be fine". First of all it's not - at least not with recent JK releases and these PreSonus boxes. Second, it does not address the problem - namely that buffer size keeps being reset to 16 regardless of what I would like it to be.

I can use these boxes with a DAW (have used 3 different ones) and the buffer size is left alone where I set it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: JK keeps resetting Presonus buffer size to 16 - by SammerJammer - 12-23-2020, 04:32 AM