• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JK keeps resetting Presonus buffer size to 16
(12-19-2020, 08:56 PM)StuartR Wrote:
(12-19-2020, 08:23 PM)SammerJammer Wrote:
(12-19-2020, 05:55 PM)Terles Wrote: "16 is too small for good audio performance". Not sure I agree with this statement, unless it's impacting the ability of your processor to manage the audio, and/or leading to increased jitter.  I know it doesn't answer your question, but personally I'd look elsewhere if you are having audio quality issues...
Terles - Block size of 16 is not optimal for my laptops with my audio interfaces when using JamKazam. I'm not here to debate this. You suggest to "look elsewhere" - can you suggest some resources?

I am asking this question in this forum because I suspect other Presonus users may have experienced this same issue. I see other posts from owners of other brands of audio equipment also complaining that JK keeps resetting their buffer sizes as well.

So the question remains (for JK itself as well as the JK community at large): Does anybody know of a solution that will prevent JK from changing my Presonus block size to 16 every time I start/enter a session (or hit resync)?

Thanks in advance for any constructive advice.
Have you tried setting the optimal buffer size using the ASIO control panel button while in the JK setup screen? Or is that what you are doing now?
Yes. The ASIO program and GUI is supplied by Presonus. It is called Universal Controller. Clicking 'ASIO Control Panel' inside of JK or any ASIO compliant application opens the Universal Controller as it should. I can change the buffer all I want but at as soon as I enter a session it is reset to 16. I can change it again even when in a session but then I see JK 're-initializing' my audio interface (or something to that effect - the message appears above the JK icon in the system tray but disappears quickly) and then the buffer is reset to 16 right before my eyes.

I know another person with same problem with JK and Presonus interface who could not get by this and instead abandoned JK and moved to another platform (where his equipment runs correctly).

Messages In This Thread
RE: JK keeps resetting Presonus buffer size to 16 - by SammerJammer - 12-19-2020, 09:08 PM