• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
input distorts on setup:Configure Tracks page
 I’m trying to set up my Electric Guitar input, using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. In Audio Gear setup when I'm on "Select & Test Audio Gear the guitar sounds fine (in only one channel). When I press next and go to the “Configure Tracks” page, the guitar is coming through both channels and is quite distorted (like a distortion box has been added). 
All of the levels on the 2i2 box or in JamKazam are set quite low and there's not clipping showing at all. No matter how low I turn the imput I get the distortion.
 If I proceed to step 5 (“turn off direct monitoring”), when I press play I hear the background tone clearly, but the guitar is still distorted.
 This is not happening with  other software. 
Any ideas?
(12-11-2020, 11:15 PM)CraigK Wrote:  I’m trying to set up my Electric Guitar input, using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. In Audio Gear setup when I'm on "Select & Test Audio Gear the guitar sounds fine (in only one channel). When I press next and go to the “Configure Tracks” page, the guitar is coming through both channels and is quite distorted (like a distortion box has been added). 
All of the levels on the 2i2 box or in JamKazam are set quite low and there's not clipping showing at all. No matter how low I turn the imput I get the distortion.
 If I proceed to step 5 (“turn off direct monitoring”), when I press play I hear the background tone clearly, but the guitar is still distorted.
Any ideas?
You do have your Audio Interface input set to Instrument, not line, correct?
(12-12-2020, 01:58 PM)Terles Wrote:
(12-11-2020, 11:15 PM)CraigK Wrote:  I’m trying to set up my Electric Guitar input, using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. In Audio Gear setup when I'm on "Select & Test Audio Gear the guitar sounds fine (in only one channel). When I press next and go to the “Configure Tracks” page, the guitar is coming through both channels and is quite distorted (like a distortion box has been added). 
Any ideas?
Yes, set to instrument for sure, but thanks.
(12-12-2020, 04:47 PM)CraigK Wrote:
(12-12-2020, 01:58 PM)Terles Wrote:
Any ideas?
Yes, set to instrument for sure, but thanks.
Ah - I guessing you haven't configured your audio input correctly.  When you add new audio gear, in the Configure Tracks section, click on "Update Track".  Underneath Audio Input Ports, you should have Input 1 in the top box on the left side, and None in the bottom box on the left side.  Choose your instrument for that track, then click on close.  Then, click on Add Audio Track, set the top box on the left to None, and the bottom box to Input 2.  Choose your instrument for that track, then click on close.  Then go on to the next steps.  You can change what instruments you have chosen for the separate tracks later.