• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paid Subscriptions
(01-01-2021, 01:54 PM)Johannes Wrote: Has the scheme actually been activated? Is there a way to see how much of the free time has been used up?

I really think JK is shooting itself in the foot if there aren't going to be host accounts where one person pays and invites, and the others can take part for free in the session, unlimited and with high enough quality and recording enabled for the host (and with the WAV files saved locally by all participants.

For this I am happy to pay the platinum fee.

For teaching accounts perhaps even extra, but again, only if students can join for free.
AFAIK, they're not there yet. I paid for all of my band mates so we'd all have the same level of access. The JK team just invoiced me after I provided them a list of my JK band member email addresses.
So, just to be clear, you paid a subscription fee for each of your band members, which level? If this is Gold level (the minimum which would work for me) that would be, like 50/month? That would be 600/year. That's quite something.

Just out of interest, how well does it work with more than two ends? I have so far only done duets... What kind of latency do you get? We have 20-30ms, which works well, but I don't think it would work with much more.
(01-01-2021, 06:14 PM)Johannes Wrote: Just out of interest, how well does it work with more than two ends? I have so far only done duets... What kind of latency do you get? We have 20-30ms, which works well, but I don't think it would work with much more.

My band has done 4 people so far. Total latencies are from 19ms through high 20ms. Occasional pop into low 30s and rare pop to 40ms. Interesting to note is that two of us are on FiOS and have the 19 to 20ms, but the other two, one on RCN and the other on Comcast, both run in the mid to high 20ms. I once had a duo early in testing with another person who is on FiOS down the block from me and had 14ms.

But remember, the latency of your tech setup (digital audio box, software, system, etc) is part of the total, as is the "Audio Framesize" in the Manage->Audio Settings->Audio Framsize/Booster+ window. My band all run at Audio Framesize of 1ms. I have tested with two boxes on my MacBook Pro 2019: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 and MOTU M2. Both are around 7ms. Both use the macOS Core Audio builtin audio system.

But i just opened JK to check if an update before jamming with my band tonight, and there was and i updated. Then opened a private session and i got a message "Your audio setup is not configured for best latency and experience. A consultation with JamKazam could help. Do you want to see the configuration report?" Of course i did... and here is what it said:

Audio Configuration Review Report.
  1. Average Audio Latency: Audio input/out latency is 7.27083 ms. Tuning or changing your audio device could reduce latency to less than 5 ms.
  2. Excellent Audio Frame size: Your audio frame size is 1 ms.
  3. Excellent Audio Driver: Core Audio
  4. Poor Packet Rate: Your default packet rate is '200'. A packet rate of 400 will give lowest latency. 100 pkt/s has 7.5ms more latency than a packet rate of 400 pkt/s.
  5. Excellent Input Sample Rate: Your audio input/output sample rate is 48000.

Every millisecond that is reduced gives improved network jitter tolerance or approximately 100 miles (160 km) further improvement in music play distance.

You may contact JamKazam Support for premium audio setup consultation or Click Here for further help information.
-----------------

So i changed my packet rate to 400 and now all but #1 above is Excellent. Still have 7.2ms latency just in my tech setup. 

Later,
Dan
(01-01-2021, 06:14 PM)Johannes Wrote: So, just to be clear, you paid a subscription fee for each of your band members, which level? If this is Gold level (the minimum which would work for me) that would be, like 50/month? That would be 600/year. That's quite something.

Just out of interest, how well does it work with more than two ends? I have so far only done duets... What kind of latency do you get? We have 20-30ms, which works well, but I don't think it would work with much more.
I paid for Silver levels for each of us. If you pay yearly there's a bit of a discount.

How well it works with additional musicians depends on their latency values which is based on a bunch of factors. Just add one at a time and make sure they follow the guidelines to optimize their latency.
Is there any way we can we get a reality check as to whether the paid subscription is in effect? My personal experience says otherwise and for the 5 emails I have sent to support since March 2020 for various questions, I have never received a response. Even for a recent email about billing questions for the paid plans. Perhaps someone has better luck.

As of Jan 2, I have not paid yet and intend to. I hope it's reasonable to say, I want to get what I pay for, however, based on my session experience on Jan 1 and 2, I am not seeing any evidence to suggest the app is keeping me accountable in terms of the Free plan. Additionally, we need to understand whether the Free plan limits apply to a Private Session, with only yourself.

On Jan 1, I was in several sessions exceeding 1 hour and surpassed 4 hours for the day. On Jan 2, I have been in a session well over an hour.

The free plan stream quality is limited to 128 kpbs but the option to select all other bit rates is available, and I selected 320. I can also Record, which also is not part of the Free plan.

As of the two recent Mac updates (end of December and Jan 1), I notice the Manage > Network Setting > Route options are now grayed out with "Prefer Lowest Latency Path" selected.

Without getting anything clear from the development team, we are left to assume this was an intended change. But because other unexpected changes have occurred in menus, it's always in question whether it should be this way, because the next update changes it again.

With the early December JK update I saw an information alert notifying me that my 30 day free trial has started. But to date, I have not seen any other alert or dialog related to the paid subscription status.

My expectation is, the app options available should be based on what is paid for. Paying members may read this and become concerned; why are Free users getting what I to pay for? Additionally, alerts should be displayed notifying the user their session limit will be expired.

I hope we can get some clarification on this because of the various concerns expressed about how the app will behave and track for the new plans.

And, if by chance there's something localized to my setup to explain my experience, I will be happy to update this post because I don't want to cause any unnecessary concern. Money matters are a touchy subject, especially right now. I like what the plans offer above and beyond the Free plan, but need some assurance I will get what I pay for.
(01-02-2021, 06:32 PM)GDJ Wrote: Is there any way we can we get a reality check as to whether the paid subscription is in effect? My personal experience says otherwise and for the 5 emails I have sent to support since March 2020 for various questions, I have never received a response. Even for a recent email about billing questions for the paid plans. Perhaps someone has better luck.

As of Jan 2, I have not paid yet and intend to. I hope it's reasonable to say, I want to get what I pay for, however, based on my session experience on Jan 1 and 2, I am not seeing any evidence to suggest the app is keeping me accountable in terms of the Free plan. Additionally, we need to understand whether the Free plan limits apply to a Private Session, with only yourself.

On Jan 1, I was in several sessions exceeding 1 hour and surpassed 4 hours for the day. On Jan 2, I have been in a session well over an hour.

The free plan stream quality is limited to 128 kpbs but the option to select all other bit rates is available, and I selected 320. I can also Record, which also is not part of the Free plan.

As of the two recent Mac updates (end of December and Jan 1), I notice the Manage > Network Setting > Route options are now grayed out with "Prefer Lowest Latency Path" selected.

Without getting anything clear from the development team, we are left to assume this was an intended change. But because other unexpected changes have occurred in menus, it's always in question whether it should be this way, because the next update changes it again.

With the early December JK update I saw an information alert notifying me that my 30 day free trial has started. But to date, I have not seen any other alert or dialog related to the paid subscription status.

My expectation is, the app options available should be based on what is paid for. Paying members may read this and become concerned; why are Free users getting what I to pay for? Additionally, alerts should be displayed notifying the user their session limit will be expired.

I hope we can get some clarification on this because of the various concerns expressed about how the app will behave and track for the new plans.

And, if by chance there's something localized to my setup to explain my experience, I will be happy to update this post because I don't want to cause any unnecessary concern. Money matters are a touchy subject, especially right now. I like what the plans offer above and beyond the Free plan, but need some assurance I will get what I pay for.
I'm seeing a bit of a mess myself. I paid for a Silver member$p but it's behaving as if I'm at Free (restricted) level. Strangely if I navigate to the page to update my member$p it incorrectly shows me at the Platinum level. Things are clearly in transition but should have been resolved before they ended the free trial period.
(01-02-2021, 06:46 PM)StuartR Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 06:32 PM)GDJ Wrote: Is there any way we can we get a reality check as to whether the paid subscription is in effect? My personal experience says otherwise and for the 5 emails I have sent to support since March 2020 for various questions, I have never received a response. Even for a recent email about billing questions for the paid plans. Perhaps someone has better luck.

I'm seeing a bit of a mess myself. I paid for a Silver member$p but it's behaving as if I'm at Free (restricted) level. Strangely if I navigate to the page to update my member$p it incorrectly shows me at the Platinum level. Things are clearly in transition but should have been resolved before they ended the free trial period.

Thanks Stuart. What we are discussing may be the reality check i was asking about. I too will sit tight and continue as business as usual as a Free user, until the app simply prevents me from doing so. I just don't want to get in a billing and terms scenario at this stage until the dust settles. I look forward to the Gold session for my needs.
(01-02-2021, 07:21 PM)GDJ Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 06:46 PM)StuartR Wrote:

Thanks Stuart. What we are discussing may be the reality check i was asking about. I too will sit tight and continue as business as usual as a Free user, until the app simply prevents me from doing so. I just don't want to get in a billing and terms scenario at this stage until the dust settles. I look forward to the Gold session for my needs.
I've emailed the JK team about this and will report back when I get a response.
I raised that option. The more who do, the more likely they will listen. As I explained, if the whole group cant practice, none of the group will use JK.
Larry
Bassman9952@gmail.com
Update. Sun Jan 3rd. I started seeing the subscription status notifications in the app today indicating I was on the Free plan and when trying to change Bit Rate of other settings that require a different plan, the appropriate pop up notification display. I went ahead and purchased the Gold plan for a year.