• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JK running on Apple's new M1 processor macs
(11-30-2020, 11:43 PM)backinterrapin Wrote: Hi all!

Hope you all had a pleasant giving of thanks. 

Wondering if anyone has run JK yet on one of Apple's new M1 processor macs? Like the new MacBook Pro 13" 2020 or the new Mini 2020? 

And dearest JK developers, maybe you could weigh in here on the chances that current JK Intel based app will work via emulation in Rosetta 2 on M1 processor? And if a native M1 version is being planned or tested already?

Stay safe,
Dan

Quite a late reply but since I just got my M1 MacBook Pro, I want to give my feedback. I installed the app right away to see any improvement from my 2013 MBP. When I saw the warning about Rosetta, I already thought this might cause problems already. As soon as I plugged in my usual setup (iRig Pro Duo I/O, Roland TD-17KV and wired internet connection) and opened the app, it immediately showed an error that it cannot close the" audio subsystem", or something like that. The error has 2 options: close JK and re-open it, and keep trying. Clicking on keep trying just shows that error again, while clicking on the other option just crashes the app and doesn't re-open it.

I'll try using the browser version of JK and hopefully it will use the audio gear setup I created from my old MBP, then see what happens. Though I just hope the developers will create a full M1 version of this app, then I'll upgrade my member$p again (went back to free some months ago).

Messages In This Thread
RE: JK running on Apple's new M1 processor macs - by HelpMeIAmLost - 05-06-2021, 09:32 PM