• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focusrite direct monitor question
I know that direct monitoring should be off when using Jamkazam, but I'm using a 10+ year old Focusrite Saffire pro 40 and there is no button to turn off the direct monitor function. Does anyone have any thoughts on how this should be set up to optimize performance and not have direct monitoring. I'm asking on this forum because the unit is old enough that it is not supported by Focusrite.
Thanks,
Michael
(11-30-2020, 06:35 PM)drux53 Wrote: I know that direct monitoring should be off when using Jamkazam, but I'm using a 10+ year old Focusrite Saffire pro 40 and there is no button to turn off the direct monitor function. Does anyone have any thoughts on how this should be set up to optimize performance and not have direct monitoring. I'm asking on this forum because the unit is old enough that it is not supported by Focusrite.
Thanks,
Michael

>>>
Hi Michael,
To the best of my knowledge this is done in the FR Saffire software. (MONITOR Mix - top left(?))
(11-30-2020, 08:09 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(11-30-2020, 06:35 PM)drux53 Wrote: I know that direct monitoring should be off when using Jamkazam, but I'm using a 10+ year old Focusrite Saffire pro 40 and there is no button to turn off the direct monitor function. Does anyone have any thoughts on how this should be set up to optimize performance and not have direct monitoring. I'm asking on this forum because the unit is old enough that it is not supported by Focusrite.
Thanks,
Michael

>>>
Hi Michael,
To the best of my knowledge this is done in the FR Saffire software. (MONITOR Mix - top left(?))
Thanks, I'll have a look, and as your ? indicates, I'm not sure where that is either. Anyone else??

Thanks, I'll have a look, and as your ? indicates, I'm not sure where that is either. Anyone else??
(11-30-2020, 08:39 PM)drux53 Wrote:
(11-30-2020, 08:09 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
Thanks,
Michael

>>>
Hi Michael,

>>>
[MONITOR Mix] is the top left tab in the Saffire software. (Saffire Mix Control)

Depending on what channels/settings you use, there are options to switch 'local monitoring' on/off.
In [Routing Preset ...] switch this to [DAW Tracking]
You will then only 'monitor' the return signal from JKz/DAW/etc. 
You'll know you've got it right when you only hear your own signal when in a session. That is: you won't hear your own signal when NOT in a session ... .
Thanks Dimitri, That is perfect. I appreciate your knowledge and kindness.
Michael