• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focusrite Solo (3rd gen) 60's "stereo" operation
I really am "asking for a friend." ;-)

He has a Focusrite Solo 3rd gen unit that I've been trying to help him setup. His internet speed is pretty mediocre and we're working on that. However, the current weird problem is that in the system setup he can only select one input (CH1) and only one input is displayed in "audio inputs." The Solo has a mic input and an instrument input and you'd hope they'd both be controllable. Plus, his output is guitar on right and voice on the left. Any suggestions?
(11-25-2020, 06:13 PM)TWDay72 Wrote: I really am "asking for a friend." ;-)

He has a Focusrite Solo 3rd gen unit that I've been trying to help him setup. His internet speed is pretty mediocre and we're working on that. However, the current weird problem is that in the system setup he can only select one input (CH1) and only one input is displayed in "audio inputs." The Solo has a mic input and an instrument input and you'd hope they'd both be controllable. Plus, his output is guitar on right and voice on the left. Any suggestions?
>>>
Did he add the second input/channel in the JKz configuration?

As far as the 'left/right' issue goes; only dedicate ONE of the dropdowns in the channel configuration per input in JKz. JamKazam will make a 'stereo' mix of all your inputs going to the session/peers.
(11-26-2020, 10:21 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote: [quote pid='6573' dateline='1606328016']
Thanks to the virus, I'm doing this 2nd hand, though Zoom and JK from a distance. We tried that and JK wouldn't allow adding the 2nd channel. I think the error message was something like "you don't have another channel to add."
>>>
Did he add the second input/channel in the JKz configuration?

As far as the 'left/right' issue goes; only dedicate ONE of the dropdowns in the channel configuration per input in JKz. JamKazam will make a 'stereo' mix of all your inputs going to the session/peers.
[/quote]
Thanks to the virus, I'm doing this 2nd hand, though Zoom and JK from a distance. We tried that and JK wouldn't allow adding the 2nd channel. I think the error message was something like "you don't have another channel to add."

>>>
Strange, but could be a result of him configuring both his inputs in the first/one JKz channel. That would also explain the L/R issue.
So, like I said, configure just the one dropdown per channel/input; e.g. channel 1 -> only input 1 (leave the second empty!) then add a second channel and assign channel/input 2 of the interface. This should solve both his issues.

D./
(11-27-2020, 12:59 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote: ***

>>>
Strange, but could be a result of him configuring both his inputs in the first/one JKz channel. That would also explain the L/R issue.
So, like I said, configure just the one dropdown per channel/input; e.g. channel 1 -> only input 1 (leave the second empty!) then add a second channel and assign channel/input 2 of the interface. This should solve both his issues.

D./

This might be the 2nd reply to this message. Sorry, if it is.

We got it working today. With a telephone, Zoom, and JK, I had him share his screen on Zoom and talked him through checking the Focusrite software, deleting the JK audio settings, reinstalling the Focusrite device as his input device, installing the two individual inputs (mic and instrument), and testing it. No more 60s stereo operation (Remember instruments on the left, vocals on the right?). Thanks for your help.
(11-30-2020, 10:21 AM)TWDay72 Wrote:
(11-27-2020, 12:59 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote: ***

>>>

D./

This might be the 2nd reply to this message. Sorry, if it is.

We got it working today. With a telephone, Zoom, and JK, I had him share his screen on Zoom and talked him through checking the Focusrite software, deleting the JK audio settings, reinstalling the Focusrite device as his input device, installing the two individual inputs (mic and instrument), and testing it. No more 60s stereo operation (Remember instruments on the left, vocals on the right?). Thanks for your help.

>>>
Cool!
You're welcome.
Enjoy!

D./