• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac Audio
My buddy and I both have Mac desktops, hardwired and use Artesia a22xt. Today 
I was able to hear my microphone and his microphone and he could hear himself, but could not hear me. 
Any ideas?
(11-24-2020, 08:12 AM)TCGreen Wrote: My buddy and I both have Mac desktops, hardwired and use Artesia a22xt. Today 
I was able to hear my microphone and his microphone and he could hear himself, but could not hear me. 
Any ideas?

>>>
Did you have it working 'two-way' before?
What did you already try yourself to remedy/trouble shoot the situation?
(11-24-2020, 09:46 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 08:12 AM)TCGreen Wrote: My buddy and I both have Mac desktops, hardwired and use Artesia a22xt. Today 
Any ideas?

>>>
Did you have it working 'two-way' before?
What did you already try yourself to remedy/trouble shoot the situation?
Yes it has worked before. We both got out of the program and then back in. We did not reboot our computers. He said he had gotten a new router, but thought he was still hardwired.
Any ideas?
When he hovers over your colored dot, any red dots show up?
(11-25-2020, 03:36 PM)Terles Wrote:
Any ideas?
Just tried again. When I hover over his dot, the Wifi is red, even though he is hardwired. There are no areas of red when he hovers over mine. At this point I can hear both myself and him well. He can hear me with a very low volume. When I turn my microphone up, he can hear better, but the volume I hear of myself is too loud. It is the same when he turns his volume up. His microphone is much louder than mine. So right now the issue is how to increase the volume from my microphone to his earphones without changing any of the other volumes.
(11-25-2020, 10:46 PM)TCGreen Wrote:
(11-25-2020, 03:36 PM)Terles Wrote:
Any ideas?
Just tried again. When I hover over his dot, the Wifi is red, even though he is hardwired. There are no areas of red when he hovers over mine. At this point I can hear both myself and him well. He can hear me with a very low volume. When I turn my microphone up, he can hear better, but the volume I hear of myself is too loud. It is the same when he turns his volume up. His microphone is much louder than mine. So right now the issue is how to increase the volume from my microphone to his earphones without changing any of the other volumes.

>>>
This is confusing: you say "he is hardwired", but also "the Wifi is red" ??

As far as the levels go. The channels on the left of the screen are your inputs, whatever you change there is also sent to the session/peers. The channels in the middle of the screen are/is your personal session mix, whatever you change there is for your ears only. You'll all have to find a mix between these two that pleases all peers in a (organized) jam-session. Take one channel/instrument/mic per effort and build up a mix.
I met with my friend again today. He was not muted on my side. When I 1st opened it up, something came across the computer that I needed to look into the router, but when I hit the link, the YouTube froze. Does this help at all?
It is still interesting that when I look at his side, it always says that he is on wifi even tough he is hard wired.
I can only get my other computer (a lap top) on wifi. Would it help to try this with the laptop to see if I can hear him or would the laptop and wifi bring it's own confusing issues?
don't try to use WiFi at all ever, it will not solve any problems. WiFi itself IS a problem.

I don't know where you are getting a report that your buddy is on WiFi. I have never seen that in my sessions.

If everything worked before your buddy got a new router, and then it stopped working, then the thing you need to look at is the new router.

Be aware that many computers can use wired LAN and WiFi at the same time, so it's very important to be certain your WiFi is shut down.
I'm a Mac user - I always disable Wifi on my computers that have a wired connection
(01-28-2021, 05:20 PM)Zlartibartfast Wrote: don't try to use WiFi at all ever, it will not solve any problems. WiFi itself IS a problem.

I don't know where you are getting a report that your buddy is on WiFi. I have never seen that in my sessions.

If everything worked before your buddy got a new router, and then it stopped working, then the thing you need to look at is the new router.

Be aware that many computers can use wired LAN and WiFi at the same time, so it's very important to be certain your WiFi is shut down.
I'm a Mac user - I always disable Wifi on my computers that have a wired connection
That's an important point.
(01-28-2021, 09:14 PM)StuartR Wrote:
(01-28-2021, 05:20 PM)Zlartibartfast Wrote: don't try to use WiFi at all ever, it will not solve any problems. WiFi itself IS a problem.

That's an important point.

Thanks for the help. I think you are correct that his computer was bouncing between wifi and wired LAN. He turned the wifi off and it was working great today. I really appreciate you're taking the time to give this piece of advice.