• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delete Recordings
Thumbs Up 
(04-04-2020, 02:11 AM)JHans Peter Augustesen Wrote: Leave session - then ...
Thank you! that worked...!
I keep trying to DELETE the Recording in my File Manager in JamKazam.  It is a 0 byte file.  I delete it successfully (it says), but when I get out of the file manager and back in again, it is back.  Even after I sign out of JamKazam and back in again, it is there again.  This has been going on for several weeks. 

I don't want to have to remove JamKazam totally and reinstall it but that appears to be what might need to be done.  If I create a new account, can it be the same user if as my existing account?  I am using my email as my user id becausse that is what is prompted for at the JamKazam login screen. 

Any other suggestions?
(05-27-2020, 02:31 PM)joec Wrote: I keep trying to DELETE the Recording in my File Manager in JamKazam.  It is a 0 byte file.  I delete it successfully (it says), but when I get out of the file manager and back in again, it is back.  Even after I sign out of JamKazam and back in again, it is there again.  This has been going on for several weeks. 

I don't want to have to remove JamKazam totally and reinstall it but that appears to be what might need to be done.  If I create a new account, can it be the same user if as my existing account?  I am using my email as my user id becausse that is what is prompted for at the JamKazam login screen. 
Any other suggestions?

I have same problem and want to delete the many 'test' recordings I have. I can't find the same folder as you ( in file manager) - maybe this is only in 'Windows'. I've found all the unwanted recordings in JK's 'History' in 'Musician Profile' on Mac but with no way to delete. Does anyone know how to delete them? They're taking up space but also I wouldn't want them to go public, given that the 'public' box is ticked by default!.
I've been on JK for about 6 months and using JK's "Filemanager" and OS X and Win10's file programs, I'd deleted sessions repeatedly and they always come back in JK's Filemanager. They may be deleted, by JK or me, on my actual computer, but I can't get rid of them in the JK system. It's kind of a compulsive neat-freak thing, but I'd like to be able to clean up that system. It must be wasting a lot of server space for JK.
Similar problem with the file manager. I delete the files on JK but they keep coming back, and worse; I move the files to an external drive (running out of hard drive space) but the next time I use JK it puts it all back on the HD. Any help appreciated. thanks.
Same problem maybe there's an option in JK to prevent restoring deleted recordings but i wonder where
I just had a session with Peter Walker (one of the JamKaZam developers yesterday. He indicated that they are aware of the issues with the JamKazam "File Manager" and they are working on fixing several problems there as BEST they can at this time.
Routinely recording sessions, can't delete them locally. They keep getting downloaded from the server. Running out of disk space... Anyone have a sane workaround yet?

(04-25-2021, 03:06 PM)srandrews Wrote: Routinely recording sessions, can't delete them locally.  They keep getting downloaded from the server.  Running out of disk space... Anyone have a sane workaround yet?
Answering my own question - it is insufficient to delete directly off of disk, the 'recordings' list under 'file manager' has to also be 'deleted'.  Despite those coming back/not going away, JK doesn't seem to re-download them.  Time will tell.  Good game of whack-a-mole.  'Export' should be 'Export and Delete' not 'Copy'.