• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any microwave broadband versus fibre issues?
Sorry for the delay in getting back. I ran the tests 'to the internet' to a node which my provider gave me on his recommended tool 'PingPlotter' and got results for latency at times greater than 20ms and significant jitter. We did actually have the discussion about whether I would like the Very Low latency option for 10x the price!

I fully agree with what you say. I've clarified what it is that I need to discover, and that is whether my microwave broadband (last mile+) performance is poor relative to what fibre would provide. I have the option to change to fibre if so (with a little inconvenience). And more generally whether the slight quality problems I'm getting are the same for everyone else - it did seem from the recent classical festival that I'm only getting a slightly greater problem of pops and occasional distortion than in those excellent sessions.

So I've actually seen these effects which show what JamKazam's trying to overcome in my case, albeit on the poor UI of the free PingPlotter trial version. I'll try https://testmy.net/ and add the results here if they are more readable.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any microwave broadband versus fibre issues? - by mheeley.gm@gmail.com - 01-07-2021, 08:54 PM