• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any microwave broadband versus fibre issues?
(11-19-2020, 02:04 PM)mheeley.gm@gmail.com Wrote: The problems we're getting with my 3-person local (within 10km) sessions seem to be more intense since 2 weeks ago - we would never complain about the level of lag (latency) or jitter (sound quality errors) until then.
Looking at the performance dashboards with this lower general performance, it seems clear that my broadband leg (which arrives via microwave to my chimney) is causing bad results on my sending legs to the two others and on the receiving legs from them both. This may have been the relative qualities of links previously but the effect on the session was able to be ignored previously.

Anyone out there have a similar problem apparently caused by microwave broadband, or know any theoretical reason for problems, or anyone else who gets this? All three of us have great kit and broadband downlink and uplink speeds, and always use wired connections direct from the router RJ45 connector.

>>>
Hi, although your LAN may be cabled/eth/RJ45, your WAN is still a wireless transmission, aka WiFi. (WiMAX actually) Cons of this type of connection are e.g. interference & shared bandwidth (at the 'tower'). Interference can be as trivial as high moisture atmosphere.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any microwave broadband versus fibre issues? - by Dimitri Muskens - 11-19-2020, 03:11 PM