• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jamkazam revival
Hi, I believe Jamkazam has been unsupported for some time but it looks like there’s a revival due to sudden demand because of the pandemic.

1. Will the help service be up and running soon?
2. Will latency be affected by the increase in subscribers?
3. On a technical level, does playing an audio file as a backing track affect latency?

Thanks - great to see you back!

Baz
(03-28-2020, 08:30 PM)Baz Wrote: Hi, I believe Jamkazam has been unsupported for some time but it looks like there’s a revival due to sudden demand because of the pandemic.

3. On a technical level, does playing an audio file as a backing track affect latency?

Baz
1. The service never stopped running. However, the small team did their best to keep the service up and running and free!
2. No latency is determined by your network path  and your audio gear. Packets are not sent through server
3. No Playing file does not add latency. It could however add jitter due to additional load on your computer, particularly if the computer is older.
(04-01-2020, 04:37 AM)Pjam Wrote:
(03-28-2020, 08:30 PM)Baz Wrote: Hi, I believe Jamkazam has been unsupported for some time but it looks like there’s a revival due to sudden demand because of the pandemic.

Baz
1. The service never stopped running. However, the small team did their best to keep the service up and running and free!
2. No latency is determined by your network path  and your audio gear. Packets are not sent through server
3. No Playing file does not add latency. It could however add jitter due to additional load on your computer, particularly if the computer is older.
Great, thanks. I only mention the help service because the links don’t work (see attached).

Good luck with everything.

Baz.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)