• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UM2 Macintosh
haven’t been able to get Jamkazam to see Behringer UM2 on my Mac. How do you do this??  It’s driving me crazy!!!
(11-14-2020, 05:37 PM)diane.krause@yale.edu Wrote: haven’t been able to get Jamkazam to see Behringer UM2 on my Mac. How do you do this??  It’s driving me crazy!!!

>>>
Follow the manual, YT video, ...

Or, click the white down-arrow next to your name, click 'Audio Gear', click 'add new gear' - follow what happens on screen.

(BTW, this is not just for MAC)
(11-14-2020, 08:15 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 05:37 PM)diane.krause@yale.edu Wrote: haven’t been able to get Jamkazam to see Behringer UM2 on my Mac. How do you do this??  It’s driving me crazy!!!

>>>

Or, click the white down-arrow next to your name, click 'Audio Gear', click 'add new gear' - follow what happens on screen.

I guess I should say that I have already tried many things.  Obviously, I first just followed the directions.  When the Behringer UM2 is hooked into the computer and attached to the microphone and headphones, I can record using Jamkazam, so the connection is working.  But, rather than the input/output being Behringer UM2, I had to use the only option that came up (aside from internal microphone), which is USB Audio CODEC. When I record, the recording is fine.  But, through the headphones, there is a lot of clicking and static.  I am thinking that if I had the right UM2 gear indicated, this would not occur.  Please help.
(11-14-2020, 08:30 PM)diane.krause@yale.edu Wrote:

>>>

I guess I should say that I have already tried many things.  Obviously, I first just followed the directions.  When the Behringer UM2 is hooked into the computer and attached to the microphone and headphones, I can record using Jamkazam, so the connection is working.  But, rather than the input/output being Behringer UM2, I had to use the only option that came up (aside from internal microphone), which is USB Audio CODEC. When I record, the recording is fine.  But, through the headphones, there is a lot of clicking and static.  I am thinking that if I had the right UM2 gear indicated, this would not occur.  Please help.

>>>
To the best of my knowledge there's no dedicated MAC driver for the UM2 so "USB Audio CODEC" would be accurate.
Crackling and static can have multiple causes. Most often the settings used are too testing for the hardware. So using the 'correct' sampling rate, buffer size and frame size would probably remedy the issue. There's quite a lot of info regarding on this forum. You could try use the 'Search'.
(11-14-2020, 10:56 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 08:30 PM)diane.krause@yale.edu Wrote:

>>>

>>>
To the best of my knowledge there's no dedicated MAC driver for the UM2 so "USB Audio CODEC" would be accurate.
Crackling and static can have multiple causes. Most often the settings used are to testing for the hardware. So using the 'correct' sampling rate, buffer size and frame size would probably remedy the issue. There's quite a lot of info regarding on this forum. You could try use the 'Search'.
Thanks for this info - very helpful.  I will experiment with changing the sampling rate, etc and hopefully this will help.
Until a few weeks ago I was using a UM2 with a MacBook Air. I found it worked reliably with a 2ms buffer size and a sample rare of 48kHz. The interface latency was 11.5ms, which was not great, but was usable. I switched to using a Focusrite interface which has a better latency—mainly because another band member had one that he no longer wanted!
SteveWUntil a few weeks ago I was using a UM2 with a MacBook Air. I found it worked reliably with a 2ms buffer size and a sample rare of 48kHz. The interface latency was 11.5ms, which was not great, but was usable. I switched to using a Focusrite interface which has a better latency—mainly because another band member had one that he no longer wanted!
Thanks. Did you use USB audio CODEC?

Did you use USB AUDIO CODEC?
(11-15-2020, 11:25 AM)diane.krause@yale.edu Wrote: SteveWUntil a few weeks ago I was using a UM2 with a MacBook Air. I found it worked reliably with a 2ms buffer size and a sample rare of 48kHz. The interface latency was 11.5ms, which was not great, but was usable. I switched to using a Focusrite interface which has a better latency—mainly because another band member had one that he no longer wanted!

Yes, I think that was the only option.
Steve
(11-15-2020, 09:42 PM)SteveW Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 11:25 AM)diane.krause@yale.edu Wrote: SteveWUntil a few weeks ago I was using a UM2 with a MacBook Air. I found it worked reliably with a 2ms buffer size and a sample rare of 48kHz. The interface latency was 11.5ms, which was not great, but was usable. I switched to using a Focusrite interface which has a better latency—mainly because another band member had one that he no longer wanted!

Yes, I think that was the only option.
Steve
Thanks