• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best 2 channel interface for Mac?
Working on getting our band setup with interfaces (still). 

I already own a Behringer UMC1820, from what I can tell it seems to work well, I usually get a latency of 2.5ms, the jitter is the only thing on my screen that once in a while goes yellow, everything else seems to stay in the green. 

I had planned on suggesting the Behringer UMC204HD to the other band members (drummer, bass, other guitarist), however our bass player uses a Mac. I've been going over threads in this forum trying to learn more and a few have said a better choice when using a Mac is the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 over the Behringer because of the way Apple interfaces with the Behringer unit. 

Would this be your first choice for a Mac? Any others to consider? 

Thanks!
(11-14-2020, 02:51 PM)MIL8 Wrote: Working on getting our band setup with interfaces (still). 

I already own a Behringer UMC1820, from what I can tell it seems to work well, I usually get a latency of 2.5ms, the jitter is the only thing on my screen that once in a while goes yellow, everything else seems to stay in the green. 

I had planned on suggesting the Behringer UMC204HD to the other band members (drummer, bass, other guitarist), however our bass player uses a Mac. I've been going over threads in this forum trying to learn more and a few have said a better choice when using a Mac is the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 over the Behringer because of the way Apple interfaces with the Behringer unit. 

Would this be your first choice for a Mac? Any others to consider? 

Thanks!
I've been using UMC202HD with my Mac for a while now and haven't had any problems. It seems that the latency hovers around 8.3 and with some tweaking in the Audio Booster I'm usually in the green and sometimes yellow. This doesn't usually cause any problems when jamming with the other guys in my band. Hope this helps.
>>>
Having to 'cope with' CoreAudio getting (gear-)latency down on MAC is a challenge.
If your budget can stretch that far, an [audio interface/external sound card] with Thunderbolt support (and dedicated SW/driver?) will give you more joy.
(11-26-2020, 10:15 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote: >>>
Having to 'cope with' CoreAudio getting (gear-)latency down on MAC is a challenge.
If your budget can stretch that far, an [audio interface/external sound card] with Thunderbolt support (and dedicated SW/driver?) will give you more joy.

Do you have any specific suggestions? I know NOTHING of the Mac world. 

Or I wonder if it would be better to just pick up an inexpensive windows PC? It doesn't seem like JamKazam is all that hardware intensive as long as you have a decent CPU.