• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
network configurations
(11-20-2020, 01:08 AM)dlmecum Wrote: Terles,

Thank you. I think that the Apple rep sold me the wrong adapter. I will look into this.

Diana Mecum

>>>
Diana,
First find out which type of adapter you actually have and then plug it into the correct port on your MBP
I've been using thunderbolt -> ETH/RJ45 for years now, without any issues.

D./
Terles,

Just to let you know, I had purchased the correct Ethernet adapter. I also had an Apple support call and started up my MacBook Pro in safe mode by holding down the left [$ft] key on startup, to delete the computer cache. I still see the Audio Interface Latency of 43.8 ms.

Diana
(11-21-2020, 09:31 PM)dlmecum Wrote: Terles,

Just to let you know, I had purchased the correct Ethernet adapter. I also had an Apple support call and started up my MacBook Pro in safe mode by holding down the left [$ft] key on startup, to delete the computer cache. I still see the Audio Interface Latency of 43.8 ms.

Diana
Curious.  Can you connect via wifi and of so, what is your latency on wifi?
Terles,

Yes, I can connect on WiFi, and the latency is exactly the same, 43.8 ms.

Diana
(11-22-2020, 01:30 PM)dlmecum Wrote: Terles,

Yes, I can connect on WiFi, and the latency is exactly the same, 43.8 ms.

Diana
OK - that should eliminate your Ethernet adaptor as an issue.  It has to be Mac related.  I'm a Windows guy myself so can't offer expertise on a Mac.  I would suggest you delete your audio profile in JK on your Mac and go through the set-up again.  In the meantime, I'll research it to see if I can find any similar problem reports & solutions.
(11-21-2020, 09:31 PM)dlmecum Wrote: Terles,

Diana

Ehm, your "Audio Interface Latency" is not going change a bit by using another type of network connection.

Gear latency (Audio Interface / Sound Card) is something completely different than your network (LAN & WAN) connection delay/jitter/latency.
Yes, Dimitri is correct...my bad...had my head wrapped around total not audio interface latency. Regardless, the problem lies likely in your driver set-up. Did you try deleting your audio profile and going through the set-up again in JamKazam?
Terles & Dimitri,

I have readded my audio profile multiple (5 - 10) times.

Diana
(11-23-2020, 08:04 PM)dlmecum Wrote: Terles & Dimitri,

I have readded my audio profile multiple (5 - 10) times.

Diana

>>>
Hi Diana,
With several USB audio interfaces/sound cards of diff makes and types, there is a significant difference in 'audio gear latency' between macOS and WIN. Mostly caused by the fact that for Windows dedicated ASIO drivers exist, for most AI's, and MAC has to cope with the generic CoreAudio driver.
For Focusrite however there is something named 'LowLatencyInstaller-2.1.0.164.dmg' (? close enough) that could help get your numbers down.
I do want to mention that even without any specific software/drivers your reported 'gear' latency is extremely high and I doubt that a mere driver package will solve that issue. IMHO something else is not quite right.
I don't know in what timezone you live but I could possibly 'meet you' in a JKz session to try and help.
Dimitri,

I had neglected to configure the Sample Rate and Frame Size. After playing with these settings, I am able to get the overall latency under 7, and the audio interface latency under 20. I very much appreciate your willingness to help me with this.

Diana M.