• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac built in mic for chat not working
Hello,

I followed the video tutorial for set up, but my inbuilt mic on my Mac isn't working for chat. Any ideas?

I am inputing guitar via iRig into 3.5mm audio jack. iRig has its own headphone jack. I can hear guitar fine... but Mac inbuilt mic isn't registering audio.

Thanks,
(10-29-2020, 05:23 PM)Limey Dog Wrote: Hello,

I followed the video tutorial for set up, but my inbuilt mic on my Mac isn't working for chat. Any ideas?

I am inputing guitar via iRig into 3.5mm audio jack. iRig has its own headphone jack. I can hear guitar fine... but Mac inbuilt mic isn't registering audio.

Thanks,

I don't have personal experience of this problem but the Mac will only be able to use one analog input at a time- i.e. the iRig OR a mic (either external or internal), so as the iRig is using the External mic input, the system mic is non-functional. If you have an external mic that you can use- and a separate Amp for the guitar- you can go old school and speak and play into a single mic? Or else have an external Mixer that has a guitar and Mic input that outputs into the iRig Guitar lead!
Hope this helps,
Bern