• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jamkazam is moving onto Paid Subscriptions. Donors and volunteers' thoughts?
I will not pay anything until the JamKazam development team figures out how to overcome the speed of light Smile

Echoing similar sentiments -
I received an email about the new model. I understand that development and server hosting costs are expensive, but I kind of wish that they could give more than 4 hours of play time for the free service. There ARE still free alternatives, like Jamulus, so they need to step up their game to not lose users to those platforms.
Also would be nice if you could get a yearly member$p discount. I didn't see that mentioned in the email at least.

Frankly, I can afford to pay. A large part of the value of JamKazam is its amazing musical community. I'll be sorry to lose the ability to play with some awesome real musicians whose livelihoods are in danger and who can't work during the pandemic nor afford a luxury like JamKazam. Similar to mobile apps, maybe they could somehow have a free model with ads, in spite of the fact that I realize how repulsive that could be depending on how it's done. Thinking that there are probably not enough users to get good ad revenue, but I would think that Guitar Center, Sweetwater, etc might be interested in ads.

Messages In This Thread
Impact of audio stream quality rates? - by DaveK - 12-04-2020, 09:37 PM
JK moving to paid subscription - by Jonasg - 12-04-2020, 11:12 PM
RE: Jamkazam is moving onto Paid Subscriptions. Donors and volunteers' thoughts? - by chris_troiani@yahoo.com - 12-05-2020, 10:07 PM