• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jamkazam is moving onto Paid Subscriptions. Donors and volunteers' thoughts?
I don't object in principle to paying for something that I value - and I do value Jamkazam and have previously donated money to help fund development. I just think that the prices are way too high for something that is, to be charitable, a rather poor beta release. Only yesterday I had the client crash twice in the space of an hour - once when I wasn't touching anything, just chatting to someone. 

What I can't understand at all is the pricing model. Why does a larger group have to pay more per person to use the software? It makes no commercial sense! If anything, it should be cheaper per person for larger groups. A group of 10 has to pay $100 a month for the privilege of using Jamkazam, whereas a group of 4 can meet for an hour a week for free. Where's the logic in that?

There are many thousands of people who use and value Jamkazam on a regular basis. Surely it would be better to keep them all in the fold by charging a couple of dollars a month, than to drive most of them - and particularly larger groups - into the hands of the competition. At least until JK works reliably. They could always offer better quality/service for higher prices, but still keep it possible for larger groups to keep using the software without spending a fortune on something that isn't finished yet.

I just hope they read this forum and reconsider. We are already starting to evaluate the various other options out there.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jamkazam is moving onto Paid Subscriptions. Donors and volunteers' thoughts? - by terryh - 12-04-2020, 02:39 PM
Impact of audio stream quality rates? - by DaveK - 12-04-2020, 09:37 PM
JK moving to paid subscription - by Jonasg - 12-04-2020, 11:12 PM