• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Low audio upload bandwidth? Why???
Hello,

I have a great 100mbps down and 35mpbs up cable connection. For some reason though, Jamkazam is always telling me I have low upload speed in a session. Why is this? Any ideas? Screenshot below. Thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(10-09-2020, 09:54 AM)davegee1 Wrote: Hello,

I have a great 100mbps down and 35mpbs up cable connection. For some reason though, Jamkazam is always telling me I have low upload speed in a session. Why is this? Any ideas? Screenshot below. Thanks.

>>>
What does one of the speed test tools tell you? (from the same machine/connection!)
(10-09-2020, 09:57 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:

>>>
What does one of the speed test tools tell you? (from the same machine/connection!)
thank you for the response. Speedtests at dslreports and Ookla tell me 'A' rating connection. Bufferbloat isn't too bad either - either a B or an A sometimes. I've never had upload speed issues anywhere else. I pay for the top tier cable plan with highest upload. 35mbps up is fast in Australia. the standard upload speed is 5 here.

Update - I tried in Jamulus and same issue. So definitely me. No idea why. The sessions start great and then slowly deteriorate. Maybe a new router would fix? This one doesn’t have qos
(10-09-2020, 10:19 AM)davegee1 Wrote:
(10-09-2020, 09:57 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:

>>>
thank you for the response. Speedtests at dslreports and Ookla tell me 'A' rating connection. Bufferbloat isn't too bad either - either a B or an A sometimes. I've never had upload speed issues anywhere else. I pay for the top tier cable plan with highest upload. 35mbps up is fast in Australia. the standard upload speed is 5 here.

Update - I tried in Jamulus and same issue. So definitely me. No idea why. The sessions start great and then slowly deteriorate. Maybe a new router would fix? This one doesn’t have qos

>>>
If you run the Ookla app several times what are the numbers for your 'jitter'?

Did you try another LAN cable?
Hi. Thank you for the reply. I’ve been running jamulus instead. So far, it’s amazing. No video and  it’s not as simple to record, but it’s really reliable.
(10-11-2020, 12:50 PM)davegee1 Wrote: Hi. Thank you for the reply. I’ve been running jamulus instead. So far, it’s amazing. No video and  it’s not as simple to record, but it’s really reliable.

>>>
Fair enough.
Know it well. Every platform has its quirks. Enjoy!