• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frame size impact on latency

.pdf   JK frame size.pdf (Size: 62.25 KB / Downloads: 9) So, not really understanding how frame size impacts latency, I did a test - results attached.  I'm thinking that the inability to "set" the buffer size and keep it when resyncing is related to Jamkazam, not the interface I am using.  Can anyone out there shed any light on this?  Or replicate the test with another interface?
(09-28-2020, 08:14 PM)Terles Wrote: So, not really understanding how frame size impacts latency, I did a test - results attached.  I'm thinking that the inability to "set" the buffer size and keep it when resyncing is related to Jamkazam, not the interface I am using.  Can anyone out there shed any light on this?  Or replicate the test with another interface?
>>>
Although the exact numbers will differ, this is the same for everybody and any interface/sound card.
Has been discussed a lot already. It's just math, not a lot to understand.
Go with your lowest numbers and just play. That's what JKZ is for.
(09-28-2020, 11:11 PM)Dimitri Muskens  True, but doesn\t explain frame size, nor why the buffer gets reset to some default on resync for all except for the 9600/2.5 frame size setting.  Just my curious nature, I guess...lol Wrote:
(09-28-2020, 08:14 PM)Terles Wrote: So, not really understanding how frame size impacts latency, I did a test - results attached.  I'm thinking that the inability to "set" the buffer size and keep it when resyncing is related to Jamkazam, not the interface I am using.  Can anyone out there shed any light on this?  Or replicate the test with another interface?
>>>
Although the exact numbers will differ, this is the same for everybody and any interface/sound card.
Has been discussed a lot already. It's just math, not a lot to understand.
Go with your lowest numbers and just play. That's what JKZ is for.