• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Low upload bandwidth (Audio Bw Tx) and Bufferbloat advice please
(10-02-2020, 10:54 PM)davegee1 Wrote:
(09-29-2020, 12:48 PM)Terles Wrote: I'd start by having both of you do a speed test (preferable to the same server) - one that provides not only up and down speed but also measures jitter.  That may lead to seeing one person with speed / jitter issues over another.  I've seen it here in Canada where updating a modem has resolved similar problems (see https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/In...647#M32690 ) which references jitter as it applies to the gaming community, but specifically addresses the issue of internet modems & firmware versions.  Hope this helps...
Thank you for the tip on point 2 above. We may try another router for him. Regarding the audio upload bandwidth issue (point 1). I thought I’d resolved it by taking ‘auto throttle’ off, but I tried it last night and the connection was bad. My friend was hearing glitchy audio and I was getting errors saying I had ‘network packet send’ errors. Maybe I need the auto throttle back on. Not sure why I have upload band witch issues - I have 30mbps up on cable, and interestingly, I can use video upload with no problems.
I recommend that everyone turns off "Auto Throttle Birtrate" and set it to 128.  Also uncheck "Auto Throttle Packet Rate" and set it to 200.
Terles why do you recommend auto throttle bitrate and throttle packet rate off?
"I recommend that everyone turns off "Auto Throttle Birtrate" and set it to 128. Also uncheck "Auto Throttle Packet Rate" and set it to 200."

I get high buffer bloat on uploads only ( Centurylink DSL 40 up/5 down) but with the audio settings in Jamkazam, I'm not sure it's a problem in our sessions --- possibly only on the DSLreports speed test.
Using Line 6 Helix or Roland Session Mixer as audio interface