• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
playing synth on jamkazam
help. new to this. when i plug my synth into my mac via usb (ie midi) jamkazam gives a weedy sine wave synth sound. when i select a plug in sound in my daw i get that sound plus jamkazams weedy synth. anyone know how i can get rid of this?
That is weird... Not sure why a USB MIDI signal is producing a audio sound in JK. I saw your other post about the audio of that synth, and that you cannot hear it in Channel 2. Is it possible that you are actually using the synth for both at the same time, that is, as a midi controller driving a VSTi synth plug-in, AND as an audio source into Channel 2? To check, simply unplug the synth's output from channel 2 of your interface and see if the sine wave sound goes away. If it does, you have solved both problems: the synth's audio DOES work on channel 2, and you know how to use your synth to drive the VSTi. Hope this helps
i found out where the sine wave is coming from. in the track box there is a wave shape symbol, and if you click on it it opens a sampler! never noticed that before. you can fiddle with the settings but for now i have just uploaded an exs instrument from my logic sample collection. so i’ve got a virtual piano in jamkazam without using my daw.