• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JK Disconnects & JK Crashes
I'm getting extremely frustrated with JK app crashes and JK server disconnects.  The only support and viable documentation seems to be coming from this forum. I sent a JK support problem email and JK log and screen capture to the JK support but have received no reply.   I have seen suggestions like re-install AI drivers and other things related to fixes on my own computer.  I have tried many of these  and none have worked.  I have tried all 3 networking options in the manage drop down to no avail.  I have tried many things to get this to work.   I'm beginning to think that if you have to a network and communications expert to use JK.  I really don't know what questions to ask  or who to ask about these issues.  There is a thread under miscellaneous concerning these issues with a few people commenting but no possible solutions which apply to me.  Is there anyone here who can help me out with this?   Many of you may say post details, configuration info etc.  I'd be glad to do this except I would be typing for a great deal of time in order to provide a response.  I'd prefer that anyone willing to help send me a private message and we establish a dialog by which maybe we could get this worked out.   Thanks...   Bill

ps.  I posted this in Help with Network Gear in the hope that someone may be able to help me.
Hi Bill,
I hear you about possibly wasting time writing long posts and such (although all of my posts are long. Hmmmm....), but I have to say, at a minimum, this community would at least need to know some basic things about your setup because the symptoms listed are app crashes and server disconnects. App crashes and disconnects may actually not be your problem, because quite frankly, the app is still buggy, and during COVID lockdown the servers were hammered with traffic. But more than likely it's your hardware, and not necessarily network-expert settings stuff. So, at a minimum, please supply:
- Your computer info: processor (how current) operating system version, including 32 or 64-bit (not only to set expectations, but to get you the right help; most of us only have experience on either Mac or Win, but not both)
- Your audio interface, type, specific version (eg, Focusrite Scarlets are the same number but 3 generations now, with very different performance and quirks)
- Basic network stuff: are you wired into your router or WiFi, your Internet service type (FiOS, Cable, DSL), and it's performance Upload/Download (MyTest.net)
Hi Blandis,   Here you go.   2016 Dell XPS 13 9360, Intel Core i7-7500 2.70 Ghz 2.90 Ghz, Memory 16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable), Windows 10 Professional  64 bit OS, x64 based processor - updates automatic and OS always current,  Steinberg UR44C audio interface and Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO USB-C at AI and USB 3.0 (3.1) at computer. (The UR44C is equipped with a USB Type-C port and features USB 3.0 (USB 3.1 Gen 1) SuperSpeed mode.) I power the AI with a Yamaha 12V DC power supply to power the AI rather than over USB, ethernet wired connection thru Netgear Nighthawk AX4300 router wired to 1000Mbps ISP supplied NOKIA fiber modem which delivers a 2 MS ping and 950.07 Mbps download and 949.34 Mbps upload. Fiber comes directly to the modem from the gigbit fiber network.  I hope this fulfills you request for info.  Thanks for responding.   Bill

ps.  WIFI for my normal internet access delivers 4MS ping and 426.39 Mbps download and 619.42 Mbps upload.

Hey Blandis,  A couple of other things,  JK disconnects and crashes when I'm not really doing anything...  not connected to a session or in a created session..  the AOIS is is set to low latency and I have tried all sorts of packet(?) sizes from 128, 96(?), 64 etc.  and I get pings at about 5 download and about 8 upload at 128 if I remember correctly...  and as I said above I tried all network connection preferences in the manage dropdown... JK net(?), per to per, and hybrid(?)...   I also tried superspeed and standard speed...   Bill
One other thing.  I get  48 MS ping using CMD to the JK server subtracting 2 MS ping to my ISP server.