• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
latency suddenly went from 5 to 7.5
That's what I thought you meant. Thanks for clarifying.
Should the focusrite be connected when I do the install?
I don't think it matters. You'll reboot after install.
(10-10-2020, 11:41 PM)kempjef Wrote: I don't think it matters.  You'll reboot after install.

I have now tried it several times. The first times I briefly saw a latency of 3.9 (!), but quickly reverted to 7 with 96 sample rate or 7.5 with 48, especially if I looked at the ASIO panel or restarted JK. Today I started over with the remove and reinstall, and I'm getting latency 7/7.5. 

I was so excited when I saw that 3.9, but I can't get it to stick. Am I missing some other step?
Are you setting a frame rate of 1 (not 2.5) in Manage--> Audio Settings --> Audio Booster?

Also, try re-adding your Audio Equipment. You should see the lower latency as you run through that process.
(10-12-2020, 01:03 AM)kempjef Wrote: Are you setting a frame rate of 1 (not 2.5) in Manage--> Audio Settings --> Audio Booster?

Also, try re-adding your Audio Equipment.  You should see the lower latency as you run through that process.

yes framesize 1ms. I've added and re-added my gear so many times, with no latency improvement! But I'll try again.
Damn. I'll sleep on it. Got a good USB cable?
(10-12-2020, 02:05 AM)kempjef Wrote: Damn.  I'll sleep on it.  Got a good USB cable?
 Other than the one that came with the focusrite?
Do you have the Focusrite Control app opened while you're adding new gear the JamKazam?  Some have said that leaving that app running has an effect.  I haven't noticed that to be true, but try anything!  After that, I'm sadly out of ideas, given that you've downloaded the correct Focusrite driver for your version and generation of Scarlett interface (mine is the 6i6 2nd gen).