• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axe Fx - III Hardware latency less than 10.3ms?
Question 
Hello. Good day. 

I am using a Fractal Axe-FX III to connect to JamKazam.  I am using Mac OS (Mojave).   I get a constant 10.3ms as hardware latency.   

I checked on some forums that you can play with the FxIII buffer frame size, but it doesn't matter what I set it to, I don't notice any difference with the amount of ms in latency.   

What concerns me is that if I plug in a very old audio interface that I have (pre 2003), I get the same 10.3ms as latency.   Wondering if anyone has used the Axe-FxIII (or any Fractal product) with JamKazam and what is the latency time you obtain?

Thanks in advance!
(09-11-2020, 08:07 PM)ebenedito Wrote: Hello. Good day. 

I am using a Fractal Axe-FX III to connect to JamKazam.  I am using Mac OS (Mojave).   I get a constant 10.3ms as hardware latency.   

I checked on some forums that you can play with the FxIII buffer frame size, but it doesn't matter what I set it to, I don't notice any difference with the amount of ms in latency.   

What concerns me is that if I plug in a very old audio interface that I have (pre 2003), I get the same 10.3ms as latency.   Wondering if anyone has used the Axe-FxIII (or any Fractal product) with JamKazam and what is the latency time you obtain?

Thanks in advance!
>>>
Hi, don't know your specific audio device.
Did you try different (smaller) frame size in the Jamkazam settings. (only available/to be changed when in a session)

EDIT: The best I've been able to get on MAC with a USB audio device was 7.3ms. That seems best achievable in many combinations and directly related to the generic CoreAudio driver versus dedicated driver/software for the audio device one is using.
(very comparable with WDM under Windows, opposed a dedicated asio driver)

BTW - this is an "Audio Gear" issue, not "Network Gear" related.
Hi, i'm going back and forth this this other poster, who happens to be using an Axe Fx as his interface. He's on Windows and having a difficult time however with digital noise.. here's the post in case you want to reach out to him:

https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.php?tid=1512