• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No audio after setup
New user to jk, trying to do a simple setup involving earbud/mics. With Windows 10, I installed ASIO4ALL as driver, and I am able to get through the Audio Gear setup process successfully, including ability to hear the test sound just before completion of the setup (the 'Play' button).

But, as soon as I try to do a solo session or other, no audio works at all. It does not accept mic input, nor do I hear anything back.

Moreover, I notice that, when I am NOT in the session, I can play and hear audio in other places (Spotify, Youtube). When I enter the session, those services quit: Youtube won't even play a video due to the failure of the audio.

Exiting the session then seems to restore audio in other places, though not always - when not, a restart of the computer seems to get me there.

Why is sound failing at this moment? 

Thanks!
I have the same problem.  All good through setup and then no audio in session. Tried setting up solo session and when I test the audio there is nothing. Working on a Mac 10.15.6 using a focusrite solo audio interface.

David
I've been using the soundcraft notepad-8FX very consistently and it has suddenly stopped working properly both in port recognition and sample rate 

In my audio gear now that I uninstalled and re-installed the independent app, I see my audio gear greyed out and not able to reactivate.

Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided

What is the primary cause of this?
Huh Huh

thanks ,

Lee
Today's update wreaked havoc with my sound.  I had sound cutting in and out so that no one could hear me.  I was greyed out for others.  Everything was working PERFECTLY up until the update.  Has anyone ever had an error "audio device IO is 99.79% unstable" or "Network Media Network Connection lost error"?  I have no idea how to fix either thing or what caused it, apart from updating. 
I'm running a new Mac mini and Scarlett Solo.