• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to change Audio Booster bit rate or frame size
Photo 
I have been experimenting improving my latency and sound by adjusting the audio booster bit rate and frame size and settled on 512kbit/s bitrate and 1ms frame size.
I joined an open session and completely crashed the session and had to leave.  I tried adjusting my audio booster settings back down and they are now greyed out and I'm unable to change.  Any suggestions?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Those controls are enabled only when you are in a session; see this thread.
A solo session will do.
Try keeping your booster at 256, then start getting familiar with the power mixer (audio console), to adjust your sound. Especially by clicking the tiny 'comp' button at the bottom of each track to bring up the pop-up and experiment with the makeup gain. You can achieve a good level of clarity and balance beyond what what the bit rate will do for you. In fact, most of the time i do run at 128kbs in the booster and understand, sure, it can a little fuzzy but by tweaking those other settings it's a welcome trade off.
(09-03-2020, 06:26 AM)Mike Garrahan Wrote: Those controls are enabled only when you are in a session; see this thread.
A solo session will do.
Thanks Mike, that was it.
(09-03-2020, 06:26 AM)Mike Garrahan Wrote: Those controls are enabled only when you are in a session; see this thread.
A solo session will do.
Thanks Mike!  Got it.

(09-03-2020, 12:40 PM)GDJ Wrote: Try keeping your booster at 256, then start getting familiar with the power mixer (audio console), to adjust your sound. Especially by clicking the tiny 'comp' button at the bottom of each track to bring up the pop-up and experiment with the makeup gain. You can achieve a good level of clarity and balance beyond what what the bit rate will do for you. In fact, most of the time i do run at 128kbs in the booster and understand, sure, it can a little fuzzy but by tweaking those other settings it's a welcome trade off.
Thanks for the tip!

Graham