• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jamkazam keeps asking to reload app on Mac OSX
(09-14-2020, 04:22 PM)Richard Head Wrote: Hi again,  

First of all this gentleman is in South Carolina and I am in East Tennessee.  But I was able to play with some folks in South America and Canada a couple of weeks ago with no problems regarding latency etc.  Which is why I am optimistic that this can work.  However we now have a new wrinkle.  It is because of security and privacy.  According to Gene (that is the gentleman's name) he did a trial right when he got his ethernet cable and all systems were go regarding green lights etc.....encouraging!  So he proceeded  to further setup and test so we could get together on Jamkazam.

But now I got this message this morning:

"I was getting my mic, guitar and video working on a Solo Session last evening when a Mac warning popped up and asked if I wanted to allow Jamkazam access control of my computer. I denied access and it popped up 2 more times. I'm not giving anybody outside control of my computer! I'm concerned there may be an internet criminal piggybacking on Jamkazam. "

I do not remember getting any message regarding Jamkazam taking control of my computer, and I understand the need for security.  Any input on this?  Is it a Mac OSX thing ...although I am on a Mac as well.  is there a way around this?

Candidly, it is becoming a struggle to get musicians that I am interested in working with on Jamkazam.

Thanks,  Richard

>>>
??!! Jamkazam is NOT "anybody outside your computer" ...
It's the program/app you installed yourself(!) that needs to control certain hard- and software parts of/on your computer to function properly.
Like - just about - any other program/app on your machine.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jamkazam keeps asking to reload app on Mac OSX - by Dimitri Muskens - 09-14-2020, 08:40 PM