• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jamkazam keeps asking to reload app on Mac OSX
Thanks ...although I do not think it is asking to update the app ...I think he is just getting the app to load at all, which gets back to the standalone suggestion.  I have sent him all the info and I am waiting a response to see if he has tried to download the standalone version.
Any updates on this please?
Hi, thanks for checking in. Yes we have progress ...although I was waiting until this gentleman actually tried to use Jamkazam. He loaded the standalone app and was able to open the app finally without that download the app message. Now he has had to order a thunderbolt to ethernet cable to actually try setting up a session. He is on cable with slower download speeds so I anticipate we will be hearing about problems there and I will be looking for suggestions regarding that ....if that kind of internet connection can even work. He can get 940mbps down but only 35mbps up. He does not even have those speeds at this time. I believe he only has 200 mbps down and 10 mbps up at this time. So to be proactive, if you have any input on whether his internet speeds can work I would appreciate it. Thanks for being on top of this.
(09-10-2020, 05:00 AM)Richard Head Wrote: Hi,  thanks for checking in.  Yes we have progress ...although I was waiting until this gentleman actually tried to use Jamkazam.  He loaded the standalone app and was able to open the app finally without that download the app message.    Now he has had to order a thunderbolt to ethernet cable to actually try setting up a session.  He is on cable with slower download speeds so I anticipate we will be hearing about problems there and I will be looking for suggestions regarding that ....if that kind of internet connection can even work.    He can get 940mbps down but only 35mbps up.  He does not even have those speeds at this time.  I believe he only has 200 mbps down and 10 mbps up at this time.  So to be proactive, if you have any input on whether his internet speeds can work I would appreciate it.  Thanks for being on top of this.
>>>
Those speeds - even the 'up' - are plenty enough to use JKZ (unless you're trying big band or choir get togethers ...)

How steady/and 'clean' the connection is, is of much greater importance.
Cool. progress. i'm not even going to ask what was wrong, cause every update .. well.. there's always some new wrinkle - lol. Hope you can appreciate some of the humor in this, and the patience we need to go down this road together. I mean, the first big no no is, no Wireless connections and yet, we are just now hearing he's just now getting the adapter. That said, this is continuing to go in the right direction. And, I have 200 on the download, (forget my upload), but it's been plenty for me.

Richard, just curios..if you guys plan on playing together ... how far apart you guys from each other?

BTW, kudos to you for hanging in there..
Hi again,  

First of all this gentleman is in South Carolina and I am in East Tennessee.  But I was able to play with some folks in South America and Canada a couple of weeks ago with no problems regarding latency etc.  Which is why I am optimistic that this can work.  However we now have a new wrinkle.  It is because of security and privacy.  According to Gene (that is the gentleman's name) he did a trial right when he got his ethernet cable and all systems were go regarding green lights etc.....encouraging!  So he proceeded  to further setup and test so we could get together on Jamkazam.

But now I got this message this morning:

"I was getting my mic, guitar and video working on a Solo Session last evening when a Mac warning popped up and asked if I wanted to allow Jamkazam access control of my computer. I denied access and it popped up 2 more times. I'm not giving anybody outside control of my computer! I'm concerned there may be an internet criminal piggybacking on Jamkazam. "

I do not remember getting any message regarding Jamkazam taking control of my computer, and I understand the need for security.  Any input on this?  Is it a Mac OSX thing ...although I am on a Mac as well.  is there a way around this?

Candidly, it is becoming a struggle to get musicians that I am interested in working with on Jamkazam.

Thanks,  Richard
(09-14-2020, 04:22 PM)Richard Head Wrote: Hi again,  

First of all this gentleman is in South Carolina and I am in East Tennessee.  But I was able to play with some folks in South America and Canada a couple of weeks ago with no problems regarding latency etc.  Which is why I am optimistic that this can work.  However we now have a new wrinkle.  It is because of security and privacy.  According to Gene (that is the gentleman's name) he did a trial right when he got his ethernet cable and all systems were go regarding green lights etc.....encouraging!  So he proceeded  to further setup and test so we could get together on Jamkazam.

But now I got this message this morning:

"I was getting my mic, guitar and video working on a Solo Session last evening when a Mac warning popped up and asked if I wanted to allow Jamkazam access control of my computer. I denied access and it popped up 2 more times. I'm not giving anybody outside control of my computer! I'm concerned there may be an internet criminal piggybacking on Jamkazam. "

I do not remember getting any message regarding Jamkazam taking control of my computer, and I understand the need for security.  Any input on this?  Is it a Mac OSX thing ...although I am on a Mac as well.  is there a way around this?

Candidly, it is becoming a struggle to get musicians that I am interested in working with on Jamkazam.

Thanks,  Richard

>>>
??!! Jamkazam is NOT "anybody outside your computer" ...
It's the program/app you installed yourself(!) that needs to control certain hard- and software parts of/on your computer to function properly.
Like - just about - any other program/app on your machine.
could it be we're batting a thousand with this document? please review it carefully

https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.php?tid=1129

Mac No Audio or Video. MacOS Security & Privacy settings. Good To Know.
Understood ...and Gene may just not be technically savy enough to deal with all this but I will send the info GDJ gave a link to and see what response I get. I again, did not have any of these problems but I have dealt with a lot of technical/computer stuff in my life. Thanks, Richard
Well ....Jamkazam is just not going to work for this partner$p I am sorry to say. I sent the info about the computer asking to be able to control for his mic etc. and this is the response I got from Gene:

"I was able to get my interface and video working. I was getting ready to record a session when my computer's security warned me that "Jamkazam would like to take control of your computer. Allow/Decline". I declined and the message popped up 2 more times. I had previously allowed Jamkazam access to my mic and changed the audio input/output to my interface. There was something suspicious going on. As I said before, I'm not allowing any outsider to take control of my computer."

So I will just need to move on and see if I can find someone else that I am interested in working with that is amicable to using Jamkazam.

On that note, while jamming has a little interest to me my main reason for Jamkazam is music collaboration. I wish Jamkazam had more of an emphasis like Bandmix where folks are actually searching for other like minded musicians for collaboration. The musician search on Jamkazam is practically unusable in my opinion.