• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Severe echo
Hi everyone, like most, I have been using JamKazam since the pandemic started. For the longest time, I was having no issues at all. Recently, for the past month, there has been an issue with my sessions that I cannot figure out. When I am in a session with my band, my joining the session causes a seriously bad delay echo for the other members. At times it manifests as slowing down their voices, as if they were recorded on stretched out tape. As for the echo, I do not hear it. When I log out of the session, it clears up for the others. 
I have tried changing every setting in JamKazam to get rid of this issue, but nothing has worked. I am using a Tascam US-366 audio interface on an i-mac. The i-mac is over 6 years old and that is one thing I have thought may be the issue. I do experience high latency sometimes and it may well be the computer processor.
Has anyone else experienced this issue and can help?
Thanks!
(09-01-2020, 01:08 PM)jimivy Wrote: Hi everyone, like most, I have been using JamKazam since the pandemic started. For the longest time, I was having no issues at all. Recently, for the past month, there has been an issue with my sessions that I cannot figure out. When I am in a session with my band, my joining the session causes a seriously bad delay echo for the other members. At times it manifests as slowing down their voices, as if they were recorded on stretched out tape. As for the echo, I do not hear it. When I log out of the session, it clears up for the others. 
I have tried changing every setting in JamKazam to get rid of this issue, but nothing has worked. I am using a Tascam US-366 audio interface on an i-mac. The i-mac is over 6 years old and that is one thing I have thought may be the issue. I do experience high latency sometimes and it may well be the computer processor.
Has anyone else experienced this issue and can help?
Thanks!
>>>
Hi, you say you "do experience high latency sometimes". Did you already determine if this is caused by your hardware or by something going on on your LAN or internet connection?
Your iMac should be well capable of handling JKZ, unless you have al sorts of other things loaded/running at the same time.
Do you by any chance have a loop back device configured? (picking up your iMac audio output and adding that to the mix)

Where on the globe are you? Maybe we can organise a test session.
Hi Demitri, thanks for the reply. Other than doing an internet speed test, I am not sure how else to check the connection. As for the iMac, I would think that it would be powerful enough but I now have consistently high latency, above 25ms. I have tried adjusting all settings to make any difference but have not been successful. I am not using any loop back device, but the keyboard player has been using a virtual audio interface so she can use devices on her computer. The problem is that she does not have this issue of echo unless I am added to the session. This is a newer development, probably the past month or two. I am in Florida USA and am available most evenings.
I have a group of myself and 7 students.  Certain members of our group are having this same echo issue and I still haven't solved it.  The students with this issue seem to have high jitter.  Any ideas about what we can do?

Thanks!
Our band has a similar issue, that not always, but occasionally occurs. When a certain band member logs in, there is a significant amount of echo that is heard.
I will be watching for any possible solutions. Thx