• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No fix for using with Windows 10 Pro?
I wrote yesterday but got no reply.  I see tons of people saying they cannot install JamKazam on Windows 10.  I am one of them.  Seriously, is there no fix for this?  It's not like Windows 10 isn't very popular!  Tongue

Does anyone from the company read these posts?

I need to get something that works, anybody know of a good alternative?  You can private message me if you prefer.

Thanks,
Mike
(08-26-2020, 07:01 PM)MPC3 Wrote: I wrote yesterday but got no reply.  I see tons of people saying they cannot install JamKazam on Windows 10.  I am one of them.  Seriously, is there no fix for this?  It's not like Windows 10 isn't very popular!  Tongue

Does anyone from the company read these posts?

I need to get something that works, anybody know of a good alternative?  You can private message me if you prefer.

Thanks,
Mike
Can you give us specific issues you're having? Jamkazam installs fine under Windows 10. I'm personally using it on two different Windows machines.
I suggest using programs to clear out anything in the registry or left over program folders like Geek uninstaller, Wise Registry Cleaner or maybe CC Cleaner or any number of free programs then make sure you have the latest sound card, asio drivers, from you PC's manufacturer.
>>>
There are "tons" of people using JamKazam on Windows 10 very successfully, every day.
There are multiple discussions and suggestions regarding possible W10 (8/7/...) issues on this forum, the facebook page and other corners of the web.

And yes there are alternatives, just ask google. If they're any good? You decide.
Not sure it's a universal solution but I was able to resolve (finally) by updating my BIOS.  I have a home grown machine and apparently didn't check the right box when it was first turned on so no auto update.  Once I went through that process (with some Google level guidance), updated Windows 10 and reinstalled JamKazam everything was happy.

Hope this helps - 

Best
Here's details on what I run into with trying to install.

Automatic update through the jamkazam windows app gets blocked by my antivirus. I go to the webpage and download the update directly. Windows gives a warning about running it, I select "run anyway", but then windows says it is not a valid installation package.

I sent jamkazam an email to their support and they told me- "We haven't had any other reports of antivirus blocking or a bad installation package. We'll take a quick look at this, but it sounds specific to something on your individual system, or we would have heard about it from others."
A few days later there was another update and no issues with the installation of that one. I just have a standard windows 10 installation, nothing special.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(01-06-2021, 10:56 PM)esellwood Wrote: Here's details on what I run into with trying to install.

Automatic update through the jamkazam windows app gets blocked by my antivirus. I go to the webpage and download the update directly. Windows gives a warning about running it, I select "run anyway", but then windows says it is not a valid installation package.

I sent jamkazam an email to their support and they told me- "We haven't had any other reports of antivirus blocking or a bad installation package. We'll take a quick look at this, but it sounds specific to something on your individual system, or we would have heard about it from others."
A few days later there was another update and no issues with the installation of that one. I just have a standard windows 10 installation, nothing special.

>>>
So, you are up and running with the latest version now?
Issue resolved by installing the most recent update?
(01-07-2021, 01:32 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(01-06-2021, 10:56 PM)esellwood Wrote: Here's details on what I run into with trying to install.

>>>

No, I encountered this problem and had it resolved several updates ago.
JamKazam-1.0.3931 was the problem install
JamKazam-1.0.3934 had no problems

Today I went to update the newest update and encountered the same error on installing the update. The solution is to wait for another update I guess

JamKazam-1.0.3950 : problem with the install
(01-07-2021, 02:22 AM)esellwood Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 01:32 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:

>>>

No, I encountered this problem and had it resolved several updates ago.
JamKazam-1.0.3931 was the problem install
JamKazam-1.0.3934 had no problems

Today I went to update the newest update and encountered the same error on installing the update. The solution is to wait for another update I guess

JamKazam-1.0.3950 : problem with the install
Are you using a third-party anti-virus product? If so, temporarily disable it during the JK installation.