• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jamkazam as a VST - integration with DAW
Lightbulb 
Just like the "jamtaba" app. It would open up Jamkazam as a vst within the DAW (protools, ableton, cubase, etc..) allowing all the audio/midi routing to be handled by the daw. This makes it much easier to add new tracks/audiodevices/vst's on the fly.  This would also enable users to (for example) record a bassline, play it back and jam over it. This makes jamming much much easier.
I checked that app out. I did not previously see it in my own research when looking for online jamming apps. Thanks for mentioning it . I've used Jamulus, which has gotten better. Starting to see local servers with 6ms of latency!. As for using a DAW with JK, there is an existing post that covers it. But no VST. It requires an Aggregate device setup. I've jammed with some folks that have multiple instrument tracks in their DAW, and sums down to stereo. They love it. JK will recognize the aggregate device for the pass thru. While the VST idea sounds cool, personally, i've become skeptical of cool (lol). Having tried a few other apps I've come to appreciate the social networking features of JK; following friends, sessions, etc.