• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with tracks recorded during sessions
Unfortunately, I think you're right.

Something has apparently changed. In the past, I have always received all individual tracks, but I probably do not do that anymore.

Then the only option is to get the others in the session to forward their individual tracks to the needy people.

On the whole, it is a significant deterioration - not good.

I will investigate it further at the earliest opportunity

Of course, at first I'm not interested in the compressed ogg files that are sent from Jamkazam's server. I want the original uncompressed individual wav files
Thanks! Yes I agree: getting the individual tracks is a very worthwhile feature and much better than having to send them around (ag by Dropbox). Let's hope that is something the developers try to fix.
I used to enjoy randomly recording sessions, especially ones which were with local musicians and there's low latency. The recent updates have helped with getting the performance and latency better, but the recording portion no longer seems to work correctly. Sessions no longer appear to upload and mix over the last 2 weeks.

I've also noticed that even with some of the local players where I have low latency, there's something else going on where we should be in better sync but we're not. I attempted to go into the 'manage' tool and all of the menus completely changed. There are some interesting extra tools, but some of the familiar ones, including the power mixer are basically non-existent/functional. It's fairly disappointing. Has any new documentation been provided to explain some of the functionality of the new features?

I did notice in the Networking a peer-to-peer setting seems to be the default now on the latest update, and maybe this was a hijacked feature from Jacktrip or Jamulus? I'm curious if others have tried the JamKazam server setting or the adaptive setting and if maybe these could affect the recording upload/mix functionality?

Reuel