• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add Audio Track Does Nothing
Everything was working fine for a number of days, suddenly I am unable to manage or add audio tracks. Clicking the Add Audio Track button does nothing.

I reset the app by going to Manage -> Audio Settings -> Configure -> Reset Audio Settings.

When I set up again, it can see all the in/outs when I first configure the hardware (Step 2), but clicking Add Audio Track on Step 3 does nothing. Same when trying to Add Audio Track on an active Solo Session.

It can also see all the inputs on the Voice Chat tab.

Configuration: MacBook Pro, MacOS 10.14.6, Soundcraft Ui24R.
(04-02-2020, 11:03 PM)standupbassist Wrote: Everything was working fine for a number of days, suddenly I am unable to manage or add audio tracks. Clicking the Add Audio Track button does nothing.

I reset the app by going to Manage -> Audio Settings -> Configure -> Reset Audio Settings.

When I set up again, it can see all the in/outs when I first configure the hardware (Step 2), but clicking Add Audio Track on Step 3 does nothing. Same when trying to Add Audio Track on an active Solo Session.

It can also see all the inputs on the Voice Chat tab.

Configuration: MacBook Pro, MacOS 10.14.6, Soundcraft Ui24R.

Hi, standupbassist! Can you share a screen shot of what you see in Step 3?  Thanks!
Holy hell, I moved everything to a clean installation on a Windows PC and the SAME THING HAPPENED! Has the Web service been corrupted?

Hi, standupbassist! Can you share a screen shot of what you see in Step 3?  Thanks!

So it creates 1 track by default, but it's weird when I try to Configure. Then when I click "Add Audio Track..." nothing happens.

[forum won't let me upload the screen shot, it says "message too big"]
(04-03-2020, 03:11 AM)I think I\m having a similar issue as yours.  I think you'll find if you attach your screenshots as attachments (at the bottom of your post) you can probably successfully upload them (in the event you initially tried to copy and paste directly...been there, done that).  You might look at my post as well.  I included screen shots.  No answers yet unfortunately. Scottstandupbassist Wrote: Holy hell, I moved everything to a clean installation on a Windows PC and the SAME THING HAPPENED! Has the Web service been corrupted?

So it creates 1 track by default, but it's weird when I try to Configure. Then when I click "Add Audio Track..." nothing happens.

[forum won't let me upload the screen shot, it says "message too big"]
Attaching a screen shot. Empty list of tracks, clicking Add Audio Track does nothing. Same behavior during Setup Wizard or afterwards clicking "Configure" on the interface.

This happens on BOTH Mac laptop and Windows PC AND with 2 different Audio Interfaces!

Tried 2 completely different computers: MacOS laptop and Windows 10 PC, with 2 different interfaces: Soundcraft Ui24R and iRig Stream interfaces.

Same problem regardless of audio interface or operating system!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I had this same issue and solved it by matching Jamkazam’s sample rate to my audio interface’s sample rate. To find your audio interface’s sample rate, connect it to your Mac and go to Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI Set-up. When you click on your audio interface, it will show its sample rate (mine was 44.1 kHz). Then open up Jamkazam, delete your audio hardware and reconfigure it as you have been doing. When you get to the screen that asks you to choose your inputs and outputs, if you look on the right hand side towards to bottom you’ll see a place to choose a sample rate from a drop-down menu. Choose the value that corresponds to your audio interface’s sample rate, go to the next screen and you should be able to add tracks.

This worked for me, hope it works for you!
Thanks I'll give it a shot.  I'm using a windows  machine,  but hopefully I can find the interface's sample rate.  I appreciate your response.

Scott

(04-04-2020, 02:32 AM)Scott_Graham Wrote: Thanks I'll give it a shot.  I'm using a windows  machine,  but hopefully I can find the interface's sample rate.  I appreciate your response.

Scott

No luck on my end - I hope your solution works for standupbassist. 

I did find the sample rate for the recording portion of my audio interface in windows under the advanced options within its properties page under control panel.  I ended up changing the sample rate of the recording portion of the interface via the windows control panel from 44.1 to 48 kHz, as Jamkazam was complaining about the speaker output sample rate being 48 kHz, while the recording side was set to 44.1 kHz.  However, in all cases, I'm still at the configure page without available tracks.

Scott
(04-04-2020, 02:32 AM)Scott_Graham Wrote: Thanks I'll give it a shot.  I'm using a windows  machine,  but hopefully I can find the interface's sample rate.  I appreciate your response.

Scott

Scott

No luck on my end - I hope your solution works for standupbassist. 

I did find the sample rate for the recording portion of my audio interface in windows under the advanced options within its properties page under control panel.  I ended up changing the sample rate of the recording portion of the interface via the windows control panel from 44.1 to 48 kHz, as Jamkazam was complaining about the speaker output sample rate being 48 kHz, while the recording side was set to 44.1 kHz.  However, in all cases, I'm still at the configure page without available tracks.

i

Scott

In my case it worked when I changed the sample rate in Jamkazam, not in my interface.
(04-04-2020, 01:45 AM)cstats Wrote: I had this same issue and solved it by matching Jamkazam’s sample rate to my audio interface’s sample rate.  To find your audio interface’s sample rate, connect it to your Mac and go to Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI Set-up.  When you click on your audio interface, it will show its sample rate (mine was 44.1 kHz).  Then open up Jamkazam, delete your audio hardware and reconfigure it as you have been doing.  When you get to the screen that asks you to choose your inputs and outputs, if you look on the right hand side towards to bottom you’ll see a place to choose a sample rate from a drop-down menu.  Choose the value that corresponds to your audio interface’s sample rate, go to the next screen and you should be able to add tracks. 

Good idea, but unfortunately no change in the problem. Not even after the JamKazam update today.
(04-05-2020, 01:20 AM)standupbassist Wrote:
(04-04-2020, 01:45 AM)cstats Wrote: I had this same issue and solved it by matching Jamkazam’s sample rate to my audio interface’s sample rate.  To find your audio interface’s sample rate, connect it to your Mac and go to Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI Set-up.  When you click on your audio interface, it will show its sample rate (mine was 44.1 kHz).  Then open up Jamkazam, delete your audio hardware and reconfigure it as you have been doing.  When you get to the screen that asks you to choose your inputs and outputs, if you look on the right hand side towards to bottom you’ll see a place to choose a sample rate from a drop-down menu.  Choose the value that corresponds to your audio interface’s sample rate, go to the next screen and you should be able to add tracks. 

Good idea, but unfortunately no change in the problem. Not even after the JamKazam update today.

I just had a little progress here - unless it was caused by the Jamkazam update you refer to (I didn't see any notification of this).  I found under the Manage menu (top left), under Audio Settings->Configuration->Reset Audio Configuration, that after I did this, that I did in fact get the one audio track to come up.  Unfortunately, after selecting my instrument (also a double bass) that it didn't seem to take the configuration - there doesn't seem to be any "Save" button associated with this dialog; just a "Close" button.  So, after clicking on close, the instrument is still empty.  However, it is some minor progress, and perhaps may provide some clues.  Perhaps give it a try, maybe it will solve your problem.

Scott