• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio Interface update now issues with latency
I have been using JamKazam with close to zero latency.  I updated the software in my Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Generation Firmware 1583 to Focusrite Control 3.6.0.1822
Scarlett 18i8-00009e03.  Desk top PC running Windows 10.
Since my update I get latency of 11.x.  I change my ASIO settings to 16 and when I Resync, JamKazam changes ASIO Driver settings to 240.  Nothing I can do changes this setting.  I use in other DAW programs and can change as needed without issue.  
The update was for the Scarlett and may not be something you can address, but other programs are not affected.
This means I went from Zero latency to often not passing latency test to join or create session.  
If you have any information please let me know.
Thanks in advance!

M Kennedy
Zero latency is not possible. And one can not trust when JamKazam is saying zero latency.

I tried with Scarlett 2i2 Gen 2 (and Windows 10). "Audio Gear" configurations message was that it could not figure out the latency. And that I should make a so-called loop back test to figure that out.

(That phenomenon probably/maybe applies to the entire Scarlett series. Some people in sessions show zero latency - and when I ask them if it's a Scarlett, the answer has always been yes.)

I never did that loop back test. And JamKazam showed the latency as zero.
For a day or two - then it somehow began to show 7.x.

7 milliseconds latency is by the way too much for my liking. The Scarlett was a loan and I only tried it for a small week. Luckily, I had better options
Other people have similar problems.

Try searching for sample rate, buffer size / settings etc.
(08-03-2020, 02:59 PM)mkennedy ...  I also experienced issues with latency when using the Focusrite 3.6.0 USB driver/Control on my 2i2; it was very pronounced trying to use Jamkazam.  This was resolved by deinstalling the components of that 3.6.0 version and reverting to Focus Control & Driver 3.5.0.  Latency issues resolved.  There is a known problem with the 3.6.0 version.  I found the old 3.5.0 on the web (REDDIT). Did not see it available from Focusrite.--jabmskennedy.mk@gmail.com Wrote: I have been using JamKazam with close to zero latency.  I updated the software in my Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Generation Firmware 1583 to Focusrite Control 3.6.0.1822
Scarlett 18i8-00009e03.  Desk top PC running Windows 10.
Since my update I get latency of 11.x.  I change my ASIO settings to 16 and when I Resync, JamKazam changes ASIO Driver settings to 240.  Nothing I can do changes this setting.  I use in other DAW programs and can change as needed without issue.  
The update was for the Scarlett and may not be something you can address, but other programs are not affected.
This means I went from Zero latency to often not passing latency test to join or create session.  
If you have any information please let me know.
Thanks in advance!

M Kennedy
JoeyB