• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hooking up a Yamaha P-125
I got my guitar hooked up to jamKazam and it works great!  Got a Behringer U-Phoria UMC 204HD plugged into my Mac laptop and plug my 2 mics -- one for my amp and the other for vocals -- in the 204HD and it works fine.  

Now I'm trying to hook up my Yamaha P-125 keyboard.  Is the best way to do this to go from USB-B MIDI output on the keyboard to the 5 pin MIDI input on the back of the Behringer?  Or is there a better way??  

Thanks for any help that you can give me!   Dan
(08-02-2020, 05:20 PM)denison@imd.org Wrote: I got my guitar hooked up to jamKazam and it works great!  Got a Behringer U-Phoria UMC 204HD plugged into my Mac laptop and plug my 2 mics -- one for my amp and the other for vocals -- in the 204HD and it works fine.  

Now I'm trying to hook up my Yamaha P-125 keyboard.  Is the best way to do this to go from USB-B MIDI output on the keyboard to the 5 pin MIDI input on the back of the Behringer?  Or is there a better way??  

Thanks for any help that you can give me!   Dan
>>>
You could. You will then send a MIDI-signal thru your 204HD via USB to your computer. Somewhere after that you'll have to 'translate' that to an actual 'sound' (audio). Either via an emulator/DAW&VST on your computer or by adding a MIDI-channel in JKZ and loading a VST there (works fine).
Now, if you'd want to use the keyboards internal sounds, you will have to use an audio input on the Behringer. Either sacrifice one of the mics or e.g. use an additional mixer to add inputs.
Hi Dimitri,

Many thanks for your message.  So, if I go into the Behringer through the Midi In port in the back, I need a DAW interface to get to jamKazam?  But if I go in through a mic, like I do with my guitar, then I don't? 

Is there an easier way to get hooked up to JKZ from a P-125?  Thanks!!
(08-24-2020, 09:31 PM)denison@imd.org Wrote: Hi Dimitri,

Many thanks for your message.  So, if I go into the Behringer through the Midi In port in the back, I need a DAW interface to get to jamKazam?  But if I go in through a mic, like I do with my guitar, then I don't? 

Is there an easier way to get hooked up to JKZ from a P-125?  Thanks!!
>>>
Sure, go from the regular audio out on the Yamaha into one of the mic/instrument inputs on your Behringer.
But that means you're loosing one mic-channel.

Two more options; get a bigger audio interface (more inputs) or use a (smal) mixer, hook everything up to that and go L/R out from the mixer into your 1/2 on the Behringer.

NB - per MIDI cable you would need a piece of software in between the keyboard and JKZ because MIDI is not 'sound' and thus not 'understood' by JKZ. Now there is another way - by adding a MIDI channel to JKZ and loading a VST you could also use your keyboard via the MIDI input on your Behringer. This has it's limitations though.