• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chat mic horribly distorted
When I set up my chat mic (using my laptops builtin "mic array") in JK, it sounds horribly distorted.  It's not clipping, and it happens at any level.  It sounds more like lots and lots of small frames are being dropped so there's a constant background of chopping clicks.  (Anyone who's done a bad slice knows what this sounds like, except that's one click and this is happening constantly, but not regularly enough to have a pitch.)

My mic is working fine, by itself.  If I use Windows control panel to listen to the mic, it sounds fine.  The mic has a number of processing options, but the noise in JK happens with or without them.

I get this regardless of whether exclusive access is enabled (with priority to exclusive access.)

The device name in JK is "Microphone Array (Realtek High Definition Audio) - (Windows WASAPI)".  The other options are also WASAPI, but are my audio interface or Stereo Mix.
Haven't found a real solution, but my digital piano has an aux input, so I'm plugging my phone output into that and using a mic app. Not ideal but works.