• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Can hear instrument on phones but no output on Jamkazam
Using Focusrite Scarlett 4i4.

Setup appears correct, I can hear mic and guitar on headphones but don't register signal on JamKazam meter.
(04-02-2020, 09:27 PM)Erik Stone Wrote: Using Focusrite Scarlett 4i4.

Setup appears correct, I can hear mic and guitar on headphones but don't register signal on JamKazam meter.
I'm on a PreSonus mixer and I'm having a similar issue. It used to work and show metering, but now I get nothing and neither does anyone listening to me in a session.

after update. fyi on MAC
I'm having the same problem using an audient iD4 and windows operating system. I can get my headphones mic to register, but not the direct input. Is this a settings issue? Thanks in advance for any help.
All, what do your outputs look like in the audio gear profile in JamKazam?
Kevin
(04-02-2020, 09:27 PM)Erik Stone Wrote: Using Focusrite Scarlett 4i4.

I have a similar issue with my Behringer X1222USB mixer.  I can hear voice and instrument in headphones.  Output to recording or to a session is just voice.  Both used to work just fine.
Same problem with my new Audient EVO 4: can hear self but JamKazam VU meter doesn't budge. Oddly, the others were able to hear me for about 5 seconds during my first session. Since then, nothing.Grrrr --
All -

the other day (Monday) my entire audio profile blew up. I lost all audio, could not change settings, etc.

I deleted the audio profile, shut down, disconnected my external interface (Firewire, you can't disconnect while the system is powered on).

Restarted, launched JK client, verified it was using the system default audio, and my custom profile was gone. Shut down again.

Reconnect external interface, reboot, launch JK, re-build my audio profile (this time no MIDI track - wasn't using it)

Once again, Good in the Hood.
SOLVED IT! A guy from the Audient help desk just sent me the following tip to get my EVO 4 to connect with JK through my MacBook. Here's what he said:

The only thing I can recommend is checking that you have given microphone access to the JamKazam app, otherwise your inputs will not work with it. You need to go to System Preferences-> Privacy and Security -> Privacy -> Microphone and grant permissions to the software you wish to use your interface with.

Simple when you know how, right? I wonder how many other users have been stymied by this easily solved problem. Good luck, all --

Monte

(06-10-2020, 06:13 PM)bestcat123 Wrote: Same problem with my new Audient EVO 4: can hear self but JamKazam VU meter doesn't budge. Oddly, the others were able to hear me for about 5 seconds during my first session. Since then, nothing.Grrrr --
SOLVED IT! A guy from the Audient help desk just sent me the following tip to get my EVO 4 to connect with JK through my MacBook. Here's what he said:

The only thing I can recommend is checking that you have given microphone access to the JamKazam app, otherwise your inputs will not work with it. You need to go to System Preferences-> Privacy and Security -> Privacy -> Microphone and grant permissions to the software you wish to use your interface with.

Simple when you know how, right? I wonder how many other users have been stymied by this easily solved problem. Good luck, all --

Monte
Alright! The permissions issue - very important factor! All software not from Apple needs to have permissions granted by the administrator.

Windows also, though Microsoft is not a strict as Apple IMO