• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In session, other player cannot hear anything in headphones?
We have 2 people in a session.  I'm using Win10, and the other is using a Mac.  We are new to JK.  Latency and settings are workable.

I can hear myself and I can hear the other player.

Other player cannot hear me or himself through his headphones which are plugged directly into his laptop.  Any ideas why isn't he hearing my output?  

We went into the Audio Gear and the audio profile that is active, on the Inputs & Outputs screen does have both ports selected under the output at the bottom of the screen.

I know that I'm using the Scarlett 2i2 interface with headphones plugged in.  Meanwhile he is using a Blue Yeti mic plugged directly into his USB.  I'm wondering if there is a way for him to adjust his output so it goes to his laptop for output?  Is the lack of the audio interface the issue?

Thanks.
"Is the lack of the audio interface the issue?"!?

There is actually no lack of audio interface, strictly speaking.
Mac has a built-in audio interface.

So the question could rather be: is the lack of an external audio interface the issue?
No, I think not. A built-in audio interface usually has lower quality and is less versatile than an external one.
But otherwise it should work exactly like an external.

Otherwise, I can not immediately see through the problem, unfortunately.
But I chew on it. Maybe I will ask for some more information later
I’m having the same problem, except I’m the “other” guy. My friend is on a Mac with a 2i2 and I’m on a pc through a mackie profx12v2 mixer with usb. Signal from both of us shows in the app and he can hear himself and me, but I hear nothing......Not even the metronome....help!
(08-08-2020, 10:28 PM)Jimjam Wrote: I’m having the same problem, except I’m the “other” guy.  My friend is on a Mac with a 2i2 and I’m on a pc through a mackie profx12v2 mixer with usb. Signal from both of us shows in the app and he can hear himself and me, but I hear nothing......Not even the metronome....help!
When you did your setup of the JK to identify the Mackie, were you able to specify in your gear where the output was going?  I'm assuming that you're using your Mackie for your headphone.

What I don't know off hand is how to reconfigure things in JK from scratch.