• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jamtracks and local audio files won't close
I've purchased several jamtracks and also converted my own mp3s to flac files, but once loaded and played, often they won't close.   This would then require a restart of the application and boot all of the participants out.
Using Line 6 Helix or Roland Session Mixer as audio interface
Sometimes the metronome does not close properly either.
It always helps to click on RESYNC.

How it is with JamTracks, I do not know anything about. But try ...
Yes I will definitely try a resync
Thanks
Are you implying you can add your converted files to JamKazam as JamTracks? This is a curios comment "converted my own mp3s to flac files, but once loaded and played,"

I would like to learn more specifically what this means? Because I thought JamTracks was purchased based only and there is no option to bring/add your own converted tracks. Truthfully, I have not experimented with this option before and is why i'm asking.

As a quick test, I added mp3 to my JamTracks folder on my computer, and JK doesn't recognize it. Also I suspect the Jamtrack uses a non mp3 format since it can parse out the different instrument parts in JK.

Please explain, would love to learn more.

Thanks
(07-24-2020, 03:11 PM)GDJ Wrote: Are you implying you can add your converted files to JamKazam as JamTracks? This is a curios comment "converted my own mp3s to flac files, but once loaded and played,"

I would like to learn more specifically what this means? Because I thought JamTracks was purchased based only and there is no option to bring/add your own converted tracks. Truthfully, I have not experimented with this option before and is why i'm asking.

As a quick test, I added mp3 to my JamTracks folder on my computer, and JK doesn't recognize it. Also I suspect the Jamtrack uses a non mp3 format since it can parse out the different instrument parts in JK.

Thanks

Yes my own files will import into JK but you must convert them to WAV, FLAC or OGG first.  MP3 won't work.

I use this free converter:    http://lamexp.sourceforge.net/

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-24-2020, 03:11 PM)GDJ Wrote: Are you implying you can add your converted files to JamKazam as JamTracks? This is a curios comment "converted my own mp3s to flac files, but once loaded and played,"

Thanks
GDJ - click "Audio File" in the "recorded audio" section.
Marked with a red circle - see attached picture

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

In my weekly sessions, I'm finding resistance to even using backing tracks. Some have the feeling that you either need to pick easy, familiar songs where no preparation ( or jamtrack) is needed, or people need to know the songs in advance of the session.

Doing 3-chord blues all day holds very little interest for me, so I'm publi$ng the song list in advance and making charts and sound files available. Whether the others will actually prepare remains to be seen. :-)
Alright, Duh is me! I get it. Not to be critical... but as you guys indicated, we're actually talking about Audio File. I was so focused on JamTrack i did not even noticed that menu option. I see everything now. THANK YOU.

i'll have to try this out later
(07-24-2020, 07:32 PM)GDJ Wrote: Alright, Duh is me! I get it. Not to be critical... but as you guys indicated, we're actually talking about Audio File. I was so focused on JamTrack i did not even noticed that menu option. I see everything now. THANK YOU.

i'll have to try this out later
THANK YOU! Heart
(07-24-2020, 04:52 PM)carvinae185@gmail.com Wrote: In my weekly sessions, I'm finding resistance to even using backing tracks.  Some have the feeling that you either need to pick easy, familiar songs where no preparation ( or jamtrack) is needed, or people need to know the songs in advance of the session.

Doing 3-chord blues all day holds very little interest for me, so I'm publi$ng the song list in advance and making charts and sound files available.  Whether the others will actually prepare remains to be seen.  :-)
It all depends on the instruments on your session.  If you have Rhythm instruments (Drum, Bass or Keys) you probably dont need backing tracks at all ... just Jam & enjoy.  I have always found that they would clash with the backing track anyway (in live sessions & classes, let alone on JK) .... but if you only have ‘lead instruments’ (lead guitar, woodwind, brass) and no rhythm ... then you are going to need a backing track.

and if you DO need a backing track - you really need it prepared in advance of the JK session and ready to upload (FLAC format is good).   As mentioned at the start - I have had these track not close and a RESYNC fixed it every time.