• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recorded audio volume very low
I'm trying to set up Jamkazam.
Using focusrite clarett with Mac pro elcapitan
Could not get Ableton Live to work so I decided to use effects in my qsc touchmix mixer sending a single output into clarett.
Setup all volumes to the max levels before distortion but the recorded mpeg has very low audio level.
Any suggestions?
Thanks so much,
Christopher
(07-21-2020, 05:05 AM)chrismacor Wrote: I'm trying to set up Jamkazam.
Could not get Ableton Live to work so I decided to use effects in my qsc touchmix mixer sending a single output into clarett.
Setup all volumes to the max levels before distortion but the recorded mpeg has very low audio level.
Any suggestions?
Thanks so much,
Christopher

As you mention a recorded mpeg, I'm assuming you are recording video.

I have the same problem, and posted on a separate thread here: https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.php?tid=1236&pid=4949#pid4949

My comment:

I have the same problem in jamkazam on both Windows and Mac. When I record video, the audio level in the video file is very low.

What is interesting is that the level in an audio recording of the same session (Recording type: audio and video) is absolutely fine.

Having checked the levels in Ableton Live, I can confirm that the peak audio level in the recorded video is over 30 dB down from the level in the audio file which was recorded simultaneously in the same session.

The results are the same in both Windows 10 and macOS Catalina (10.15.5).

An example:

Video file peak level:  -31.7 dB (mpeg audio 48 kHz 32 bit 128 kbps)
Audio file peak level: -0.41 dB (ogg vorbis 44.1 kHz 32 bit 160kbps)

Cheers,

James
(07-21-2020, 08:32 PM)jamesberriman Wrote:
(07-21-2020, 05:05 AM)chrismacor Wrote: I'm trying to set up Jamkazam.
Any suggestions?
Thanks so much,
Christopher

As you mention a recorded mpeg, I'm assuming you are recording video.

I have the same problem, and posted on a separate thread here: https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.php?tid=1236&pid=4949#pid4949

My comment:

I have the same problem in jamkazam on both Windows and Mac. When I record video, the audio level in the video file is very low.

What is interesting is that the level in an audio recording of the same session (Recording type: audio and video) is absolutely fine.

Having checked the levels in Ableton Live, I can confirm that the peak audio level in the recorded video is over 30 dB down from the level in the audio file which was recorded simultaneously in the same session.

The results are the same in both Windows 10 and macOS Catalina (10.15.5).

An example:

Video file peak level:  -31.7 dB (mpeg audio 48 kHz 32 bit 128 kbps)
Audio file peak level: -0.41 dB (ogg vorbis 44.1 kHz 32 bit 160kbps)

Cheers,

James

Hey James,

Thanks for the reply.
I have edited the video in iMovie and have been able to boost the audio up to a decent level.
Have you recorded audio/video with more than one person, ie multiple accounts playing together?
If so how is the sync?
Is there the same low audio level issue?
Thanks for any info.
Haven't gotten past the solo start stage because of these issues.
Want get my band playing and recording together on Jamkazam.
Thanks again,
Christopher
Hi Christopher,

I have been rehearsing with a friend for several months. Generally, the sync is good enough to play together and to record the audio.

We noticed the low volume issue when we tried a video recording in one of those sessions. So I did a little more testing on my own.

The test results I posted were done in a solo test session, just recording my own performance.

Using a Focusrite 2nd Generation 2i2 on both Mac and Windows.

Cheers,

James
I'm having the same problem you guys did. Seems you nailed down the problem, but did you ever come up with a good solution? I understand the volume can be boosted in iMovie, but it seems there should be an easier solution. Hoping one of you has figured it out!

Thanks a lot for whatever information you can share!

John
Hi John,

I haven't discovered a solution to this problem.

I emailed support@jamkazam.com about this on Wednesday, but have not received a response as yet.

Cheers,

James